CHAPTER TWENTY

Thanks for all of the reads! Don't forget to comment/vote :)

------

JORDAN'S POV

Instead of taking Jason to his house, I decided to take him to my own. Besides, nobody else knows where I live, this way he'll be safe.

I know I shouldn't be doing this. I should've left him to die with Jessica. But ever since he kissed me, I don't know what I feel anymore. Sure, our moment was only because of him wanting to move on from her fake death, but still.

My dad helped carry Jason into our home and placed his limp body on our sofa. I propped his head up with a pillow. His face was bloody and bruised as well as his abdomen. His shirt was torn just enough for his abs to show through.

I sat next to him and took a look at his bullet wound. Blood was still trying to leave his body. I unwrapped my jacket and took a better look.

I know I have to get the bullet out myself. My dad gets sick easily, and he wouldn't even know what to do. So, I braced myself before digging my fingers into the wound.

My fingertips barely grasped the bullet as I gently pulled it out the best I could. It fell to the floor and more blood began to leak. I wrapped my jacket around his arm once more and applied pressure with my hands.

Jason began to squirm from the pain as his eyes fluttered open.

"Jordan, can I speak with you for a minute?" My dads voice came from the kitchen.

I made sure Jason was okay before walking into the kitchen and sitting down at the table in front of my dad.

"That girl was Jessica, wasn't it?"

I nodded. He slid his hand across the table and held mine in his.

"Your mother and I knew we couldn't take care of twins. We didn't have the money. I hated the thought of separating the two of you, but your mother wanted to keep one of you. So, we gave Jessica up for adoption. We kept in touch with her for years, but once she dropped out of school, that was it. I've heard about her. I've heard of the things she's done and the things that Jason has done."

"Why are you telling me this?" I whispered so Jason couldn't hear us.

"I just want you to be careful."

I nodded and returned to Jason on the sofa. He was wide awake and holding his arm.

His soft brown eyes stared into mine, watching my every move. He squirmed to sit up, so I helped him. We sat side by side, quietly watching each other.

He started to lean in towards me, glancing at my eyes and then my lips. My stomach felt queasy, until our lips made contact. It was soft and gentle, nothing rough.

He pulled away and whispered, "thank you."