CHAPTER SEVEN

JASON'S POV

Once I was in my bedroom, I fell to the floor on my knees. After two years of searching nonstop for the love of my life, I find out she's dead.

I screamed at the thought of her being gone. Why the hell did this have to happen to me?

Then, I stopped screaming when an idea popped into my head. I'm going to find out the connection between Jessica and Jordan for myself. How can I truly trust Max?

I quickly made my way to Jordan and took one look at her face before looking away. A large bruise was forming on her temple. I scooped her into my arms and carried her up to my bedroom.

In a way, I felt extremely fuzzy inside from her skin touching mine. When I kissed her, I didn't feel anything like I did with Jessica. No sparks whatsoever.

I laid her body on my bed and placed a blanket over her. Knocking her out is probably the only way she would sleep tonight anyway.

She probably thinks I have feelings for her, so I'm not sleeping beside her. Instead I'll sleep on the sofa. I don't want her getting any ideas.

I grabbed some extra blankets from a closet and sat on the sofa cushions. The last time I had a girl at this place was a few months ago, although she wasn't anything like Jordan, but that's not important.

I'll leave with Jordan tomorrow back to Vegas. I'll have to get information myself. It's kind of useless now, but I'm still curious.

~

I must have overslept because of the sun shining so brightly into my eyes. Once I gathered myself, I jumped up, realizing I still have Jordan held captive. I rushed up the steps to make sure she was still here.

The blankets of the bed had been thrown back as if she had gotten up, and the window was opened. I ran over to the opened window and looked at the ground below.

"Fuck!" I yelled and kicked the wall.

"What?" Jordan's voice asked from across the room.

I awkwardly turned around to see her sitting in the window. I noticed how she was only wearing one of my large sweaters. Her hair was a little damp. She must've taken a shower.

The sunlight glowed over her skin flawlessly.

"I-I... I thought you had run off." Dammit, why am I stuttering?

"What's the point if you're just going to catch me again?" She smirked and looked out of the window.

"Glad to see you're smart." I stated as I grabbed my suitcase from the closet.

"What's that for?" She asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"We're leaving. I'm taking you back to Vegas to get information from your parents."

Her face lit up and a smile appeared across her mouth. "I'm going home?"

"Nobody said you were going home. I said we're going to Vegas. Not your house. Mine." I threw in some shirts into the case.

She still smiled, but didn't answer. I could tell she was thinking of a plan.