CHAPTER TWO

Jason McCann: Bad Habit

Jordan's POV

"I'm in town. Just come over and get your mind off of things okay?" Kylie sighed into the phone.

After seeing Jason, I had to call my best friend and tell her everything. My mind was starting to jumble up from worrying about him.

"Alright. I'll be over in a few." I hung up the phone and looked at myself in my mirror.

My eyes were dark from not getting enough sleep, even with makeup on. I ignored how I looked and grabbed my car keys.

I knocked on the large wooden door of Kylie's parent's home, only for her to answer it with a huge smile. When I didn't smile back, she embraced me into a hug. Without a word, she led me inside to the kitchen.

The smell of coffee filled my nostrils as I sat down at the kitchen table. Kylie placed a green mug with black coffee and placed it in front of me.

"So, Jason is out huh?" She crossed her arms and leaned against the counter.

I nodded.

"What about Alex? Are they going to make you choose?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I took a sip of the coffee, but flinched at the burning sensation on my tongue.

"You know what you need? You need to party. Get slobbering drunk and forget about everything that's happened." Kylie mumbled as she walked into another room, but returned with a dress.

She handed me the small black dress with big eyes. "Go put this on. And some of my makeup is in the bathroom, so cake your face up because we're going clubbing. And do something with your hair."

She walked back out of the room, so I went towards the bathroom. I honestly don't want to go out partying, but if Kylie wants to, then I will.

I finally managed to get the dress on after squeezing my body in it. Kylie was smaller than I was, but the dress still looked okay.

I then put a load of eyeliner and mascara on my eyes to make them not look so dead. Then, I took my hair out of its bun and straightened it.

All I need were shoes. I don't think I'll be wearing my converse with this dress.

Just as I opened the bathroom door to go into Kylie's room, she stood at the doorway holding up a pair of black pumps. I took them from her and put them on.

"You look good!" She smiled as she looked my body up and down.

"Yeah, right." I rolled my eyes and scoffed at her.

I didn't know exactly what I looked like considering I didn't even look myself over in a body mirror, but I didn't really care.

We quickly got into Kylie's car and left her house to the club. She got past the bouncers as if she was a regular, and she seemed to know where she was going.

Loud music filled my ears and bright neon lights moved within the crowd of people. I sighed, knowing this was going to end badly.