Chapter 56: Millstone

JORDAN'S POV

Kylie sipped from her steaming cup of coffee as she sat across from me. "So, you have a twin?"

"Yeah." I sipped from my coffee as well, trying to make it clear that I don't want to talk about Jessica right now.

"That's insane. I can't believe everything that happened to you. I'm sorry I wasn't there for a lot of it. If I wouldn't have had to work that summer, I could've gone with you and none of this would have happened." Tears started to pool in her beautiful eyes.

"No, don't think like that. Jason would've done everything he could to take me. After all, he did think I was Jessica." I held her hand in mine.

"You're my best friend and I don't know what I would do without you." She smiled, showing off her extremely white teeth.

I smiled back and watched the cars pass by out of the window. Rain droplets began to fall to the ground.

"Ill be staying at my parent's house while I'm in town. Just drop by whenever you feel like it, okay?" Kylie wrapped her arms around me.

I nodded. "Bye."

I watched silently as she walked out of the small shop, leaving me.

After a couple of minutes, I walked out of the shop and walked down the street, heading in the direction of my house. A hand grabbed my arm and jerked me back, surprising me.

I quickly turned, ready to strike.

"You look beautiful." Tristan said as he looked down at me.

"No. Stay away from me, Tristan." I demanded.

"Jordan, I-"

"Fuck off." I turned on my heel and quickly walked away.

I made my way home and flopped down onto my bed, wishing this day would come to an end already. My eyes began to feel heavy with every passing second. Soon, I was stuck in a dream.