Chapter 55: Handcuffs

3 YEARS LATER

JORDAN'S POV

I looked down at the colorful cards my relatives had mailed to me for my 20th birthday. Although I'm happy, there's still a part of me that's missing. I looked up at my opened laptop to see my best friend staring back at me.

"Once I get into the city, tell me everything! Okay? I'm almost there." Kylie smiled wide.

"Okay. Wanna meet at the coffee shop?" I asked while I put away my cards.

"Yes, that sounds perfect! See you in a bit!" She waved before disconnecting.

After graduation, Kylie moved to California to pursue her lifelong dream of being a musician. We talk every now and then, but not like we used to. She comes to visit at least twice a year, but it still doesn't feel like it's enough.

I haven't talked to Max since the night Jason was arrested. I've tried to contact him, but every time I do he tell me to stop. I guess he doesn't want me getting involved.

My dad has finally come to terms with being divorced from my mother. He got a new job and he's finally looking at the bright side of things.

My mom is still married to another man, living a happy little life. I barely talk to her anymore. I still can't get over the fact that she left my dad when I was kidnapped by Jason.

Jessica, however, is still hiding out in the depths of Vegas. I haven't talked to her either. Honestly, I don't want to.

Jason is behind bars in a prison a couple of miles out of the city. I visit him at least once a month. He's been sentenced to life in prison. I miss him everyday.

As for me, well, I'm just trying to live life. I'm trying to move past everything that's happened. Hopefully one day it'll all just go away.