Chapter 59: Still Waiting

JORDAN'S POV

The morning sunlight beamed into my eyes through my window. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, allowing myself to wake up.

My phone began to ring from across the room on my dresser. I crawled out of bed and answered it.

"Hey, I need to come over. I have something important to tell you." Alex's voice came through.

"Okay. See you in a bit."

I quickly hung up and got dressed into some casual clothes and fixed myself up. I made some breakfast as I waited for Alex to show up at my door, any second. My body was filled with excitement to see him again.

Yes, I've been visiting Jason while he's in prison. No, I haven't told him that I've been with his brother this whole time.

After feeling guilty for everything I've done, the doorbell rang. I dashed to the door with a huge smile on my face and greeted Alex. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a kiss.

Butterflies swirled in my stomach as I played with the back of his hair. I breathed in his scent as our lips moved together.

He pulled away and closed the door behind him.

"What did you have to tell me?" I looked up at him, wondering.

"It's about Jason." He cleared his throat and led me into the living room.

I sat next to him on the sofa, holding his hand in mine.

"I just got news last night from Jessica that he's escaped."

My eyes widened. Shit. "What? How?"

"I'm not for sure, but he stopped by to let them know. I don't know where he's at right now or what he's doing."

I watched as his expression fell.

"What does this mean about us? Are we over?" He asked, keeping a calm voice.

"I don't know."