CHAPTER FIFTEEN

JORDAN'S POV

I drove around a while, not knowing at all where to even begin. Jason could be anywhere.

Plus, what if I run into Jessica or some of her guys? I can't take them on my own! I need help.

But who? I don't know any other of Jason's friends.

So, I finally thought of the one person I could always go to for help. My dad. He's always had my back and I've always had his.

I bolted towards the city in Jason's car. Soon, I was turning down the familiar streets of my neighborhood. All the houses looked the same.

I came upon my own house and got out of the car. Once I was at the front door, I heard the noise of crinkling. I looked down at my feet to see a crinkled up piece of paper.

I picked it up and began unfolding it only to see a giant picture of me. It's a Missing Poster. I knew what I was in for when I stepped through the front door.

The house is quiet. Nothing moved or made a sound.

"Mom? Dad?" I called out, hoping they were home.

A loud noise came from the study room upstairs. I glanced up to see my father racing down the stairs. I smiled and ran towards him.

His arms wrapped around me in an embrace. His hands were cold and he smelt like alcohol and cigarettes. He never smoked.

"Tell me I'm not dreaming." He wept into my hair.

"You're not! I'm here. Where's mom?"

When he didn't answer, I looked into his eyes only to see them broken.

"Dad, where's mom?" I said again.

"She left." His voice cracked as he held in the tears.

She left? She left?!

"Whatever. We can talk about this later, okay? I'll tell you everything, but right now I need your help."

He nodded. "What is it?"

"Jas- a friend, was taken and I need help finding him."

"Okay. What do I need?"

"Clothes. For you." I said looking down at his pajamas. "Two guns. Just in case."

He looked at me suspiciously.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" I yelled, impatiently.

He darted off to his bedroom. I looked around the house, noticing how moms stuff was gone. Dad looked miserable.

How could she do this? After everything how can she just leave him like its nothing? Why does she have forum from everything that's bad?

When I was starting to feel frustrated, he finally came running back down the stairs. He handed me a pistol and raced outside.

"Where did this car come from?" He pointed to the expensive black car sitting in the driveway.

"Oh. Um, it's a friends." I said awkwardly as we both ran.

We jumped in and sped away.

"So who is this friend? And why do we need guns? Jordan, please don't tell me everyone's been sitting at home crying over you being kidnapped when you're really out selling dope."

"What? No! I can't explain now." I rolled my eyes.