Chapter 58: Smells Like Teen Spirit

JORDAN'S POV

I woke up during the middle of the night. My body was cold, but I don't care. I quickly slid under the blankets and started to dream again.

-

A couple of weeks after Jason's arrest, I had managed to pull myself together. It was time for school to start again, and I couldn't wait to finally move on with my life.

I sat in class, staring up at the ticking clock. The teacher read over countless pages of the student handbook and what was expected of us.

The bell rang and it was time to go home. The students piled into the hallways and out the doors as fast as they could. I took my time, only because I have nothing better to do.

I slammed my new senior locker shut and glanced down the hallway to see Alex.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"To check up on you. After everything that went down, I just thought I'd make sure you're okay." He leaned against the lockers.

"I'm just fine." I muttered, looking at my shoes.

"Oh, really?" Alex laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Don't talk to me that way, Martinez." He demanded as he towered over me, making me feel incredibly small.

The scent of his cologne filled my nose, making my stomach form a weird feeling. Sure, I love Jason with all my heart, but there's just something about Alex that I can't shake.

We both stood in silence, watching each other closely. His brown eyes watched my every move.

Then, he started moving closer, leaning in towards me. I let it happen, and placed my lips firmly on his.

Yeah, I know what I'm doing is wrong. I know that I shouldn't be making out with the brother of the love of my life while he's in prison, but I need something to get my mind off of it. Anything.