CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

JORDAN'S POV

The clock on the wall was ticking by. I stared up at the ceiling as I laid on my back on the bed. How much longer do I have to stay here?

I suddenly got the urge to pee. Ugh!

I got up and walked down the hallway the quietest I possibly could. I can hear max and Jason talking in the kitchen.

I found the bathroom near Jason's room. I walked in and locked the door, making sure no one would barge in. I then did my business and washed my hands.

BEEP BEEP BEEP. I jumped at the sound of a phone ringing near me. A black iPhone sat near the bar of soap beside the sink. Huh. This must be Jason's.

A text flashed across the screen.

"295 Friday Way tonight at 12."

I shuddered at the thought of him killing someone. Yeah, I may be developing feelings for him, but I have to remember he's a criminal. No matter what, I can't forget what he has done or what he'll do in the future.

I grabbed the phone and unlocked it with the swipe of my finger. What kind of criminal doesn't keep their phone locked? I decided to not get into his personal business, so I didn't go through anything, but I did tap on the large green square with a phone on it.

My fingers quickly typed in my father's phone number.

"Hello?" His voice came from the other end.

"Hey, dad." I sighed in relief from him answering.

"When are you coming home? I'm worried about you, Jordan."

"I know, I know. I don't know if he'll ever let me go.." I glanced at the door, thinking about Jason.

"Maybe I should call the police. They can't just do this to you."

"No! You can't. They'll kill you, okay?" I yelled by accident, but whispered the last sentence.

I could hear the stomping of footsteps coming closer and closer to the bathroom. Before my dad could say another word, I hung up and put the phone back where it was. I opened the bathroom door as if nothing had happened, to see no one in the hall.

My heart was beating fast at the nervousness of being caught talking to my father. I can hear them still talking in the kitchen. Whew.

I basically ran back to my room and locked the door behind me. I then flopped onto my bed and let out a sigh. I really hope my dad doesn't get the police involved.