CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

JASON'S POV

Ryan and I were talking just outside of my house. Jordan was inside, still sleeping, unaware of what I was just involved in.

Max's cold body was still lying in the backseat of his car that I drove away in. He has blood all around his face and he's pretty much pale now.

"It's okay, man. You're gonna be fine. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have gotten away. We'd be in prison by now, living the rest of our lives in a cage." Ryan placed his hand on my shoulder.

I pushed him off of me. "Yeah, we'd be all be living our life in a cage alive." I snarled.

I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone. Even Jordan. I just need time alone.

"Leave Ryan. Or I'll kill you." I spat at him, hoping he would leave as soon as possible.

Ryan nodded and got back into his car. He gave me one last glance before speeding off into the night.

I sighed and walked inside of my house. As soon as I reached the kitchen, I grabbed a beer from the fridge and popped it open. I then slumped down into the large puffy chair in the living room.

The alcohol felt amazing as it ran down my throat. Soon id be so drunk that I wouldn't remember anything, which would be nice if it last forever. But when the morning comes, I would still be haunted by my best friends death.

I sat in the dark, alone, waiting for the alcohol to kick in. Any time now.

Footsteps down the hall grabbed my attention as they walked against the carpeted flooring. Great. Jordan is awake.

"Jason?" She whispered.

Tears started to drop from my eyelashes as I began to think of what I was going to say. Thankfully she can't see me. I don't want to say this, but it's time I end this. I've had my fun with her. I don't need her here anymore. She's not my problem to deal with. "You need to leave."

"What?"

"I'm done with you. Go home."

"But...what about us?"

"What about us? You think I'm into you? Please." I forced a chuckle. God, this is killing me.

"Fine."

That was the last I heard before she bolted out of the door.