CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

JASON'S POV

Before I left with Max to meet the rest of the guys, I made sure Jordan was asleep. She doesn't need to be worried about me or what I'm doing.

Max pulled the car into an alley and we waited for the others to arrive so they could take us to our destination. Our plan? We were going to blow up a rival gangs hangout.

The bombs I had made were lying in the trunk of the car were in now.

Moments later, Ryan and Jaylin pulled up beside us, signaling us to follow. We followed them down many streets, but stopped at an old warehouse much like the one Jessica had taken me to. It looked empty, but that's okay. Our objective isn't to kill the revival gang, just blow up whatever they have in the warehouse.

We all silently got out and carried the bombs around the outside, setting the time for them to go off. 15 minutes until this place is completely demolished.

Before we could get into our cars, a police car came speeding towards us with the sirens and lights on. Out of reflex, Max pulled out his gun.

"Put your hands where I can see them!" The man in the police uniform yelled at us.

It was dark, so I couldn't hardly see anything. All I could really see was Max holding his gun in his pocket.

I put my hands up in surrender, and so did Ryan and Jaylin.

"I said, put your hands where I can see them! Don't make me shoot!" The man yelled once more.

I was shaking. Yeah, I've had to run from the cops a lot, but not on a time schedule. We've got about 12 minutes until this place blows.

Max turned his head to me, and I watched him with wide eyes. He winked, then quickly pulled out his gun. The policeman beat him to it, and shot him, making all of our ears ring like hell.

"Max!" Jaylin yelled, piercing my ears more.

Before I knew it, Ryan pulled out his gun and shot the cop in the leg. I watched as he fell to the ground and Ryan ended up shooting him in the head.

Jaylin was at Max's side, and so was I and Ryan.

"Come on, man! You can't do this right now!" Jaylin yelled down at him, shaking his unconscious body.

Ryan pointed to the bullet wound on the side of his head, harried within his long brown locks. "I don't think he's waking up."

I felt my stomach flip at the sight of his lifeless body. This can't be happening. My best friend that I just had a beer with at my house cannot be dead.

More police sirens sounded in the distance.

"We gotta get out of here!" Ryan yelled.

Ryan and Jaylin got into their car and sped away. I quickly threw Max's body into the backseat of his car and got into the drivers seat. Tears were streaming down my face, but I couldn't feel them because my skin had grown numb from the coldness.

I'll cry later, but right now, I just need to leave.

As I sped away and the police appeared at the scene, the bombs went off. I looked in the rear view mirrors to see fire and smoke in the background.