Chapter 53: Psycho

JASON'S POV

I searched around and finally found a table near the back exit, just in case I need to make a quick run. Sitting down in one of the expensive chairs, I watched as some of the rich couples danced away.

Why am I even here? Why was I even invited? I don't get people.

I noticed Tristan staring at me from afar. He was behind the long table of delicious food, watching intently. What did Jordan ever see in him?

Just then, my phone started to ring within my suit. I pulled it out and answered, knowing it was Jordan.

"Jason, I think there's someone following me." She whispered.

I stood and looked around the room. "Where are you? I'll come get you."

"I'm in the gardens. Hurry."

With that, she disconnected.

I started to run through the crowd of people, not caring about what anyone thought. I just need to get to Jordan and make sure she's safe.

Eventually I made it out of the crowd of rich snobs and into a corridor. I found the door that led to the gardens in no time and dashed outside.

"Jordan!" I yelled into the cold air.

No answer.

"Jordan!" I yelled once more.

No answer.

Dammit, Jordan.

I ran through the maze of shrubs, checking every corner possible. In the distance, I heard someone groan.

I ran towards the sound, ready to attack whoever was hurting Jordan. I turned another corner, only to see Jordan lying on the cold hard ground, completely unconscious.

Her beautiful dress was splattered with mud at her feet and one of her heels were broken, probably from running. I looked around, searching for anyone that did this to her.

No one was around.

I gently picked her up and carried her in my arms while looking out. Next, the sound of a firing gun in the distance made my ears ring. The bullet flew past me.

I slung Jordan's body over my shoulder and whipped out my gun as fast as I could. I shot in the direction the bullet had come from, while running towards my car.

I then bumped into something, causing me to fall backwards, and Jordan landed on top of me. My gun fell a couple of feet away.

I looked up to see a woman dressed in the finest fabric and jewels. She looked down at me with a scared expression.

"Security!!" She yelled.