CHAPTER NINE

JORDAN'S POV

Instead of wanting Jason to leave me alone, I wanted the complete opposite. So, as soon as I had the chance, I took it. The knife slipped out from my fingertips and landed on the wooden floor, the cool metal making a loud clank.

I could tell Jason's heart was pounding just as loud as mine even though I couldn't hear it. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as he ran toward me. Next thing I knew our lips were touching and our arms were wrapped around each other.

Jason led a trail of kisses down my jawline just as I slightly pushed him off of me, just enough to look him in the eyes but still in his arms. "What are you doing here?"

I waited for an answer, but instead his lips crashed with mine once again. With in seconds, I was pushed against the wall of my bedroom with my fingers wrapped in his hair.

I didn't want this to end. No, I wanted more from him. But, i also needed an answer. So, I pushed him away again.

Jason looked speechless as he looked in my eyes. Like he had no clue what to say. Just as I was about to ask again, he spoke. "I came to say goodbye."

My body seemed to have froze as the words left his mouth. "Goodbye?"

Jason slightly nodded, leaving me shocked. Then, the shock turned into anger as I noticed his hands still on my body. Was he just going to sleep with me and then leave?

Jason noticed as I glared at his hands, so he pulled himself away. At the same time I wanted his touch but then again I wanted to slap him.

"I was going to tell you right when I saw you, but you know what you do to me Jordan."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "What do you mean you came to say goodbye?"

"I'm leaving in a few days for Florida. I can't stay in one place for too long. The police could track me down easier if I just stayed here." Jason nervously ran a hand through his hair.

"For how long? Will you come back?" My voice cracked a bit, but I acted as if it didn't even happen.

Jason shrugged. "This is my home, but I have to move. I'm sorry."

It felt as if my heart shattered. 'I'm sorry?' That's all he has to say?

We both stood in an awkward silence for what seemed to be forever. The clock ticking away on the wall only made it worse.

"Come with me." Jason quietly said, watching for a reaction.

"What?"

He held my hands in his as his eyes lit up. "Yeah. We can travel and move place to place together. And when Jessica has the baby, we could be... Like a family, yeah."

"You do realize if I get caught with you I'll go to prison as well? Jason, I'm not a bad person. And we can't raise a baby around a bunch of gang members." I said hopelessly.

Jason stepped closer to me as if he wasn't close enough. I could feel his breath against my hair as he breathed.

"I can't be without you anymore."