CHAPTER TWELVE

JORDAN'S POV

Another long hour has passed by and I can't take it any longer. I looked around the room for any sign of something strong enough to get this stupid handcuff off of me. Nothing.

I groaned and slammed my head back onto the headboard. Dammit!

Just then, I remembered something from when I was a kid. Kylie had taught me a trick when we would sneak out of her house. Her parents realized she was sneaking out and they got fed up with her behavior and hired some men to put a fence around their house.

Unfortunately, the fence was too tall for her to just jump over. So, she learned to pick locks.

With my one free hand, I grabbed the two Bobby pins from my hair. This is going to be difficult with one hand, but hopefully I can do it. I moved them around slowly, feeling the inside of the lock.

It took me about ten minutes before I actually figured it out. The handcuff clicked and unlocked. I rubbed my wrist, looking down at the red mark.

Maybe I can leave. I mean, he was going to set me free last night. So, why can't I go now?

I got dressed into my dirty clothes and bolted for the front door. Adrenaline pumped through my veins. As soon as I opened the door, fresh air filled my nose.

The warmth of the sunlight shining down on me felt amazing. I began walking away form the house, but I kept looking out for Jason. I was paranoid he was watching.

His house was outside of Vegas, so it will take me a while to get to my place.

I started walking down the road. I feel dehydrated and weak, but I gotta keep pushing on.

Within a half hour, I stopped in my tracks. Shit. A car similar to Jason's sat down the road.

Maybe it's not even him. It's too late to turn back now.

I continued walking, saying prayers over and over again in my head for it to not be him. The car was getting closer and closer.

The car was right beside me when I looked inside. No one was in it. The windows were down and the car is still on, but no one is here.

I opened the door to see nothing but red all over the leather seat. Blood.

The car has a full tank of gas and I wouldn't get into the city if I walked for another two hours. I thought about it for a moment, then I jumped into the car. I rolled the Windows up and turned on the air conditioner.

A phone in the passenger seat rang endlessly. I glanced down at it to see the familiar name flash across the screen. Max.

If this is Jason's car, then this is his blood. He's hurt, but where could he be? Did someone take him?

I feel kind of guilty. I mean, I'm about to steal his car when he could be dead.