11; Trust Is Something Earned

'Spirits' by The Strumbellas

"And I don't want a never ending life, 

I just want to be alive while I'm here."

The next morning, I awoke feeling absolutely awful. Last nights crying made my face raw, my throat scratchy, and my eyes swollen. I rolled over to feel for Klaus on the opposite side of the bed, but it was empty.

I stood up from the bed with a large sigh leaving my mouth as I grabbed my phone. It was late in the morning, in between breakfast and lunch. A text from Klaus popped up on the screen.

From: Klaus

Finding Finn to break our link. Be back soon.

The events of last night played in my mind like a horror film. Alaric shattered the last bit of stability I felt in my family, instead of putting me back together she swept the pieces under the rug, leaving Klaus to do the dirty work.

I was suddenly terrified of my surroundings and looked around, expecting to see him. I took a shaky deep breath and went into the bathroom, splashing some water onto my face.

Klaus wouldn't let me be hurt again.

I felt mind-tinglingly numb.

I remembered the conversation we had last night. I asked him to not mention the night at all, to just pretend it didn't happen and talk about something else. He really did take my mind off of it.

Instead, we talked about extraordinary things, beautiful things, memories. Things that would blow people's mind to even think of. We were living the unimaginable already by living and being amongst the impossible. The vampires, werewolves, witches, hybrids.

That raised my spirits.

I had forgotten that I had changed into Klaus's clothes for pajamas last night. His clothes smelled like him, and were generally huge on me. I change into my clothes, shorts and a t-shirt because it was getting warmer outside.

I leave Klaus's room and go downstairs to the kitchen after I pull my curls into a bun. I start up a pot of coffee from the french press Klaus gave me. Then thought of something I could makeup of breakfast. Maybe just a bagel.

I was pulled from my 'cooking' when I heard the front door slam and a groan.

I hurry to the entryway to see Klaus and Rebekah standing over Finn who was knocked down to the fancy tile. "What the hell is going on?" I shout, an eyebrow raised at Klaus.

"I sent you a text," Klaus spoke shortly, keeping an eye on his brother.

"Oh, I got the text," I scoff.

"Gather your witch. Let's get his blood and get on with it," Rebekah orders Klaus, ignoring me.

"You can't force me to help you," Finn snarled.

"Oh, I most likely could, but why force when I can persuade?" Klaus gestures to the stairs. I trail my eyes to the top of the stairs where a red-haired woman stood, looking down on Finn.

"Hello, Finn," the woman greeted with a smile.

"Sage!" Finn exclaimed.

Finn sped up the stairs to the woman and held her in an embrace. "What'd you know? True love prevails," Rebekah smirked sarcastically. Klaus checks his phone.

"It does occasionally have it's uses," Klaus agrees. I scoff and turn on my heel to the kitchen to eat my breakfast. I spread cream cheese on the bagel and take a bite out of it. I pour coffee into two mugs while Klaus entered the kitchen. "What's wrong, love?" Klaus asked.