The Day Of

"We arrive into this world as innocents. Wide-eyed, vulnerable.It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us. Unfortunately, our own parents failed miserably at even the most basic of parental tasks. But we are not beholden by the past they created for us. Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity towards Elijah and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire. Our mother. Do this and we will welcome you with open arms." Klaus explained to his brothers at the breakfast table.

I sighed and sipped at my glass of blood. "Well-" Kol started, grabbing at the platter of pastries. Klaus slid the platter away and Kol rolled his eyes. "But if you continue to oppose us a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns." Klaus smirked at his brother.

"If all you wanted was my allegiance against mother dearest, you should've said so." Kol sighed. "Save me a night shackled to the wall." Kol hissed. "Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs one by one until you comply." Elijah looked to his brothers.

Klaus laughed at Elijah's words, standing up from the table. "We've no desire to torture you provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers." Klaus tells them, putting his hands on their shoulders.

"'Brothers.'" Finn repeats.

"Does that word even apply to us after all these centuries of betrayal? And is loyalty to you ever really rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus, where is our sister Rebekah? She was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years, and now nowhere to be found. Where did our sister go? And how did she escape your vile machinations?" Finn hissed.

Klaus laughed, but stopped as I launched a silverware knife in between Finn's chains. "Betrayal. Huh. Some use of wording considering you were willing to kill your entire family just a few years ago because of some old spite. And how about your mother?" I ask, standing abruptly and gestured around the table of brothers.

"She is the most wicked of the lot of you. She was willing to kill her own children because of her mistake. Her mistake! She killed my child because of what? To get our fucking attention? Well, let me tell you, Finn, she has it, but not the way she may want. Trust me, she is going to beg for mercy once I'm done with her." I growl, turning on my heel and speeding out of the room.

I stayed in mine and Klaus's room, sitting in the armchair, looking at Ansel's drawings of Klaus. Klaus looked so innocent, happy. Something I haven't seen on Klaus's face in a long time. I turned the page and Klaus walked in the room.

"That was quite the outburst."

"Don't. I really don't want to talk about it." I give him a glare, shutting the book and standing up. "I know, but I promise you that you'll get your revenge in the long run." Klaus assured me. "What if that doesn't work? I have heard all of the stories of revenge! It doesn't last, it doesn't make you feel better!" I shout.

Klaus grabbed me by the shoulders. "This isn't just about revenge anymore, darling. This is about keeping the little one safe." Klaus told me. I sighed heavily and felt myself calm down. "I'm getting the feeling again. The switch growing bigger and bigger, tempting me to just switch it off." I confess.

"Listen to me. That switch isn't real. It's just some escape where emotions are trapped, getting bigger and more dangerous. Trust me, darling, it isn't worth your time." Klaus assured me. I looked into his eyes and nodded.

"Okay. Okay. I'm good now. I just needed a reality check." 

________

Klaus and Marcel decided that I should take the day off. Take a bath, read some books, watch Supernatural. The works. That's when I heard crashing noises from downstairs. I ran downstairs to see glass everywhere and a 'dead' Marcel at the bottom of the stairs.