38; Uneasy Possibilities

'Collarbones' by Thompson

"Stepping right in to find out we were blind.

Our vision was drowned by a burning sky.

Caught in a daze, you wore it so well.

The hotter it got the less that I felt."

All morning the noise of jackhammers and drills were breaking up the concrete. It jumbled my senses quite a bit. I came downstairs to help Elijah, but the feeling of annoyance was biting my mind. But nonetheless, I was there. Feeling a little bit tormented, but the lack of sleep I had last night.

"Enough with all the racket!" Klaus demands from the balcony. I forced my eyes to stay towards the broken up cement. It felt a little symbolic.

"Is there a problem, brother?" Elijah asks innocently. "Gentlemen, please," Elijah spoke, dismissing the construction workers. I frowned when I felt Genevieve walking beside Klaus.

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three-ring circus," Klaus hisses.

"Marcel and his minions abuse our home for the better part of a century. Now you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not," Elijah told his brother.

"I agree with your brother," Genevieve spoke as they walked down the steps. "It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover," she looks around the compound in disgust.

The compound was a bloody palace, of course, little miss princess would turn her nose up at it. Klaus whispered something in Elijah's ear, but I used the opportunity to glare at Genevieve.

"Actually, I do have a request," Genevieve told Elijah. "I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change," Genevieve explains with a flirtatious smile.

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah asks.

"The Fete Des Benedictions," she states, making Elijah and Klaus laugh. "Feast in the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest Girls to society," Genevieve explains.

"So, your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment-" Elijah began, but I interrupted.

"And drove a stake through a happy pregnant couple, but it's not like anyone's making a list or anything. But yes, I agree. Bitches like you shouldn't be rewarded for a horrible behavior," I murmur. All eyes go to me. "Did I say that out loud?" I ask sarcastically as I scoff.

"Anyhow, after all of what you've done, you'd like to throw a party for the witches," Elijah finishes, looking at me.

"I made my amends with your brother," Genevieve smirks at me. "Why don't you think it over?" She asks Elijah, before turning to leave.

I seethe a curse under my breath and stomp up the stairs. I stopped in the middle and glare at Klaus. "You could have chosen any goddamned woman in New Orleans and you choose that bitch!" I yell dramatically, letting out an angry groan.

____

I had to go that stupid party.

Only for two reasons and no one was making me. The first was that Davina's going to be there, and I haven't seen her since she first came back from the dead. The second is that I'm a representative of the Feeler faction. Granted, I'm the only one in that faction, but all the supernatural in New Orleans was in on this treaty.