The Tranquility Of Eden

The car drive was excruciatingly long. Not a word was uttered between Klaus and I, just our hands clasped together at the middle. We stared forward, and with every mile passed, I could feel my daughter getting closer.

Finally, Klaus got onto a dirt road and sped up. We saw a house, then two people standing in front with a baby in their arms. Klaus served into the driveway and I let go of his hand. I opened the car door and ran out, not bothering to shut the door behind me.

I ran to Elijah and Rebekah. Elijah held Eden securely in his arms. I felt it. Happiness, blood, loyalty pulsed through me. I knew what it was. This is what true love felt like. Something so magnificent and powerful that it just knocks you head over heels.

Elijah walked forward and I never even realized that I stopped. Elijah set baby Eden in my outstretched arms. Eden cooed softly, smiling at me. I held her in my arms, hugging her small body with so much desperation.

The hole has been filled.

I turned around to see Klaus, waiting patiently for our daughter. I slowly step towards him and hand Eden off to Klaus. Klaus took our Eden into his arms and the both of us smiled widely at Elijah and Rebekah. 

Klaus's lips pecked Eden's forehead.

_________

There was one thing that Klaus and I talked about before we drove out of New Orleans. His aunt Dahlia put a curse on the family since Esther couldn't have kids at the time. The curse caused Esther to have kids, but at a price. 

Dahlia was promised every first born of the Mikaelson line.

"Curse on the first born? What the bloody hell is that supposed to be?" Rebekah asked as she set up a tent of sticks for the bonfire later. "According to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague. She was taken as payment by our aunt Dahlia, who then cursed all the Mikaelson first borns for all eternity." Klaus explained.

"How do we know that any of this is true? I mean, Finn isn't trustworthy when it comes to family." I tell them. "Well, it is true if we were to believe Finn, who learned it from the bastion of truth, our mother." Elijah retorted.

"Well, no wonder Finn hates us. He lost the sister he adored and instead got a judgy pack of siblings who found him unbearably dull." Rebekah sighed. "Great, so is there any chance of us running into your aunt Dahlia any time soon?" I ask.

"Fable's over a thousand years old. Dahlia's long dead." Elijah assured me. "Hm. Like Esther?" I scoff. "No one's going to hurt Eden, because no one's going to find her. That's enough wood Rebekah. You'll burn down the whole bloody state of Arkansas." Klaus smirked.

"We're just missing one key ingredient." Rebekah smiles, wiping her hands together.

"No, we're not."

Elijah laughed at Klaus. "Yes, we are, Nik. Back me up, Elijah." Rebekah laughed. "I suspect that Niklaus would rather choke on the ashes." Elijah assured his sister. "What are you crazies babbling on about?" I ask.

"Well, before we light it, we write down our wishes for each other, to burn for luck. It was Kol's favorite part when we were kids." Rebekah stated. "Further evidence as why we should ignore it." Klaus smirked.

"It's Eden's first bonfire season. I like it. We're doing it." I assure everyone with a smile. Klaus groans and I spin on my heel to go inside the house. I waited for an hour to push Klaus to write down his wish.

In the meantime, I wrote mine. 

To live as a family, in peace and harmony. 

I skipped into the dining room to find Klaus sitting with Eden at the table, playing with her. I brought in a notepad and set it in front of him. I raise an eyebrow. "I'm holding a small child, Harper. The silly game will have to wait." Klaus told me.