Crown Of Bones

All of us live with a demon inside. Some days you control the demon. And other days, it controls you. And it is always hungry. It feeds on lust, on longing. And while you may slumber, the demon never sleeps. It tempts you into crossing every line you've ever drawn, all while it hunts you, haunts you, renders you incapable of telling friend from foe. But once it's turned your loved one's into enemies, the demon will have consumed you whole.

I walked into Eden's room to see a dead werewolf guard on the floor and Rebekah standing over Eden's crib. "Rebekah?" I ask. She turned around and gave a sickening smirk. "Not Rebekah." I hiss, my veins turning hot with their power.

"Get away from her!" I growl, throwing her against a wall.

She uses her power to throw me into my room, opposite from Klaus's. I crashed into the bedside table, glass breaking and lodging into my stomach. "Rebekah, what are you doing?" Klaus growled as he entered the room.

He screamed in pain. I ignored the glass in my stomach and charged her. She gave me one massive headache, worse than any witch has given me before, and I fell to the ground. Her aura was so purple it was almost blackened with all the power she had.

I began to choke before Klaus sliced open her leg with his Hybrid claws. The woman who used to be Rebekah fled from the open window. The pain leaving us, we stood and checked on our daughter to see if she was hurt.

We both panted and looked at each other. 

I groaned and ripped the large piece of glass from my stomach and it clattered to the floor.

_________

Klaus called Marcel and he came over. I leaned against the bartop in the sitting room as I watched Klaus take the magical cursed shackles and handed them to Marcel. 

"I should stop packing these away. There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling. Find Rebekah, or Eva, or whoever the bloody hell that was. Use these to stop her from doing magic, and don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister." Klaus warned him.

"Alright, I won't be the only one looking for her. She killed the witch kids. The twenty four hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree ended at midnight. Every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her." Marcel explained.

"Go to Elijah. Get him to charm his elderly witch into calling off the hunt." Klaus ordered me. 

"And leave Eden? Don't you think I should stay here?" I question him. 

"Jackson and Hayley have been working day and night to secure this compound, surrounding it with his werewolf army, not to mention the fact that I'm here. And I know the best way to protect our child, is to get Rebekah out of that serial killer's body, and back into the original model." Klaus explained.

"Hm. And what will you be doing while we're out doing your dirty work?" I ask.

"Why, attending to the even dirtier work. As usual."

___________

Madame LaRue's mansion was beautiful, but that was all muddied up by the fact that Elijah and one of Marcel's new vamp's, Gia, had their blackened aura's glowing slightly brighter. Since Gia's a new vampire, her aura was a dark grey, but with the extra glow it was lighter.