29; The Pain Won't Stop

'Broadripple is Burning' by Margot and the Nuclear So and So's

"And darling I'm drunk,

And everything that I have loved has turned to stone.

So pack your bags and come back home."

I watch as Klaus sunk his fangs into some compelled woman's wrist and pour her blood into a glass. "Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus asks Rebekah as she sipped her tea.

"No, should I have?" Rebekah asks.

"Well, he's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me, some might say. I thought, perhaps, he might've whispered reasons into your ear along with those sweet nothings," Klaus smiles devilishly at his little sister.

"If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you," Rebekah says, glaring at her brother. I look between the two of them.

"Before this turns bloody, I have to go. Check Davina and all that." I stand up and see the angered look in Klaus' eyes.

"Harper-" he starts.

"I'll be safe. Davina's no threat to me," I assure him. I peck on the lips out of habit and the two of us freeze. Jeez, why do I have to make things so awkward? "I'll be back. Call me at twelve, okay?" I whisper.

"Fine, but if that witch so much as touches you I'll have her head before the day is done," Klaus smiles up at me.

"And I'll have something else of yours that you cherish." I wink at him and peck his lips again before heading out. Okay, I might've lied again. But he would never allow me to see Marcel after what happened the other night.

I arrive at the vampire bar and start to walk in. I hear a familiar voice that makes my blood begin to boil. I open the door and see Tyler Lockwood with Marcel and all the vampires clinging to his every word. My anger was building.

"Tyler Lockwood," I announce.

"Harper Gilbert. Come to listen to what your Baby Daddy has planned?" Diego asked, testing my patience. I feel my eyes pulse with blue hues.

"Don't test me, Diego," I hiss.

"Tyler Lockwood. Threatening my baby wasn't enough for you?" I yell, my eyes holding their hue.

"It's also his, Harper. He's going to-"

I ignored yesterday's lesson in using my power to control people and forced his body to me. "If I ever see you again, you're going to wish you were dead. It doesn't even matter what we've been through together. Your head will be on my wall. Do. We. Understand. Each. Other," I sneer into his face as I ignore the searing pain in my arm.

I quickly snap his neck and his body falls lifeless onto the floor. My eyes flash to Marcel in absolute anger. "I thought we had a deal, Marcel. Wait till we can talk. Remember that?" I ask with an edge to my voice.

"Harper-" Marcel began.

"I don't want to hear it!" I yell with anger, the ground beginning to shake. "Someone deliver this baby killer to Mystic Falls, Virginia. Pronto. If he isn't out of this town in fifteen minutes, I will personally snap all of your goddamn necks," I hiss. I turn on my heel and storm out of the bar, and flames might as well be following me. I stop inside the alley beside of the compound. It decided to bloody rain today. Screw that.

I lean against the brick wall of the alley and squeeze my eyes shut in pain. I grip my arm and gasp in pain. I finally open my eyes and look down at my arm. It's glowing brighter than it was yesterday. Beating to the rhythm of my own heartbeat.