12; A Heart of Darkness

'Sweater Weather' by The Neighborhood

"Let's have an adventure.

Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered.

Touch my neck and I'll touch yours."

I left this morning to the Salvatore boarding house because Elena was planning to take Jeremy back to Mystic Falls. I packed a small bag for the next few nights. I knew that Klaus would be pissed, but I honestly couldn't care less anymore.

I pulled up in front of the Boarding house and walked inside with my bag. "We ready to go?" I asked Damon as I shut the door. Elena rolled her eyes avoided eye contact. We're still in a fight, but agreed to do this together for Jeremy's sake.

"Have you two ever flown first class?" Damon asked.

"Who did you have to compel for that?" Elena and I asked at the same time.

"Please. I used miles," Damon scoffed and walked out the front door.

I followed Damon out the door and chucked my stuff in the trunk. Elena sat in the front seat while Damon got in the driver's. I put on my headphones and put my phone on airplane mode to ignore Klaus's future calls and texts.

I'm going to be so screwed when I get back.

__________

We arrived in Miles City. We were able to ask someone if they knew where Jeremy was. For some reason, he was at the baseball fields. I hoped to god he was just watching. When we drove up to the field, we had just witnessed Jeremy strike out.

"Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball," Damon mutters.

"I won't just remind you, I'll make you," I sigh.

"Hey, Jer!" Elena steps forward, getting our brothers' attention.

"Elena? Harper?" Jeremy asks, turning around to see us. He takes off his helmet and we smile. "What's wrong?" Jeremy frowned.

Damon explained to Jeremy our situation in detail. "Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose," Damon explained.

"So, you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?" Jeremy asked.

"Dead vampire's redundant, but yes," I tell him.

"Well, I can't. I can talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them. I've never even met Rose," Jeremy explained.

"What good is you dying and coming back to life?" Damon asked.

"It shouldn't be a good thing in the first place, he died and came back to life for crying out loud," I huffed.

"Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use you as a connection" Elena compromised.

Jeremy sighed. "Okay, okay. Can we do this later? My friend just got here and yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done," Jeremy walked past us. We nodded and started towards the car, only to see Kol Mikaelson with a baseball bat rest lazily on his shoulder.

Kol sped to Damon and swung the bat to meet Damon's jaw, breaking the wood into splinters. "What the hell are you doing?!" Jeremy yelled to Kol.

"Jeremy get back, he's an Original!" Elena shouted.

I grab Kol's hand and twist it, yanking the broken bat out of his hand. I kick him in his sensitive area and stab him in the heart with the bat. Kol's skin began to turn grey. "Where the hell did you learn that?" Damon groaned.