25; Go To Sleep

'Therapy' by Khalid

"Something that you're doing has me falling all the way.

I'm tripping off your love and all the other drugs we taking.

Over all the others, you're the one all over me."

I met Marcel in Davina's attic early this morning. I looked over Marcel's shoulder to see a dusty, grey, and disgustingly veiny Elijah is his designer coffin. God, why is Klaus so diabolical sometimes.

"Sucker's resilient. He's like a cockroach in a suit," Marcel laughs. "Doesn't matter. Time to give old Elijah back to Klaus anyways."

"You asked me to figure out how to kill the Originals. I'm not done. Silver dagger hurts them, but that's it," she said, frustrated. I walk over to her and put my hands on either side of her face.

"Davina, we've been through this," I tell her. "Klaus saved our lives. We owe him one," I explain to her again, standing in front of the coffin.

"Since he wants his brother back-" Marcel starts.

"Tonight's the annual Dauphine Street Music Festival. I want to go. Please," she pleads us.

"The whole point of you vein up here is so you're never spotted out there. You know what's smack in the middle of Dauphine Street, Sophie Devereaux," he explains.

"A pain in the ass witch. Plus, you know what they will do to you," I finish.

"You two control the witches. Make her go away. Marcel, Hars, it's one night," she begs again.

"I said no," Marcel said.

I sigh and touch his arm. "How about this, if we find someone who's not a witch or vampire who can escort you, then we'll consider it," I compromise.

"I think I know the perfect person," Marcel smiles.

_________

It was earlier in the evening and the elder witch, Agnes, sat across from me, urging me to go to a doctor. I leafed through a book, ignoring her as best as I could. "I told you, Agnes, I don't need to go," I tell her.

"You're overdue for a check up."

"What am I going to do, huh? Just go into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? Marcel's best friend being taken to a baby doctor by a witch? 'It's nothing, guys. Just checking up on the Feeler's and Original Hybrid's miracle baby'," I give Agnes a sarcastic remark.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. Strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours," Rebekah insulted from her place across the room, barely looking up from a laptop, where she was searching for Davina's hideout.

"Thanks, Bek's. That makes me feel so much better about this sketchy situation. When did you start trusting witches?" I ask. I set the book down on the coffee table. Rebekah gave me a wave of the hand as she continued whatever she was doing.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight after hours, just us. No one will ever catch word of it," Agnes persuades.

Now, why does this sound like a trap? Oh, right, because she's a fucking New Orleans witch. I roll my eyes and sigh. "Okay, fine. Bayou baby doctor it is. Meet me in front of Rousseau's at seven," I order her. We stand and I lead her out the front door.

I come back into the living room to see Klaus. "Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles," Klaus smirks at his sister, sipping his scotch. I fold my arms and sit on the couch.