22; Tell Me That It Isn't True

'Painting Greys' By Emmit Fenn

"Heart that pounds like a stereo.

You take me round and round like the merry go.

But one more ride baby here we go."

Three weeks have past since I left Mystic Falls. I've spent most of my time with Davina and Marcel, trying to distract myself from Klaus. This is probably the only time alone I've gotten in weeks. I sat at the bar in Rousseau's, eating the most delicious bowl of gumbo.

"This is is your third bowl, Harper," Jane-Anne laughed out.

"What can I tell you Jane-Anne? I'm obsessed with the gumbo," I tell her with my mouth full.

"The old ladies in the Ninth Ward say that Sophie bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish," Jane-Anne tells me looking towards her sister Sophie.

My phone starts to ring and I answer it. "Yes?" I ask.

"Harp! Come down to the bar. I could use a great voice 'round here," Marcel greeted.

"Be there in five," I chuckle.

I pay for my bowls of gumbo and walk down to "My Bar" which held live entertainment. I walk in and see Marcel bowing on the stage, people cheering. Marcel walks to the bar and I grab his drink and easily down it. I wiggle my eyebrows as I go onstage, Marcel cheering me on.

"I'm gonna sing 'Feeling Good' by Michael Buble," I announce. The song begins and I smile.

Birds flying high, you know how I feel.

Sun in the sky, you know how I feel.

Breeze drifting on by, you know how I feel.

It's a new dawn.

It's a new day.

It's a new life.

For me.

And I'm feeling good.

The jazzy interlude began to play and I disconnected the mic from the stand, walking towards the bar. Marcel picks me up by my waist and sets me on the bar top.

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel.

River running free, you know how I feel.

Blossom on a tree, you know how I feel.

It's a new dawn.

It's a new day.

It's a new life.

For me.

And I'm feeling good.

Dragonfly out in the sun, you know what I mean, don't ya know?

Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean.

Sleep in peace when day is done, that's what I mean.

And this old world

Is a new world

And a bold world

For me.

I shook my hips and jumped from the bar, Marcel catching me midair so I wouldn't fall. I booped his nose and grabbed Thierry's old cap, plopping it on my head.