13; Do Not Be Gentle

'Apologize' by OneRepublic

"I take another chance, take a fall, take a shot from you. 

I need you like a heart needs a beat. 

It's not from you."

After the whole shindig with the rebellious road trip, I began to stay at the Gilbert house once again. Elena and I talked all night, mostly apologizing about the things we said and forgiving each other.

To be honest, I really don't want to forgive her because she's forcing me go to the decade dance. I can't think of anything that makes me want to die more than the thought of being in a glitter bombed gym with hundreds of idiotic teenagers.

There's probably one thing that makes this a fraction better; it's based on the twenties. When Alaric taught us the partying times of the 1920's, I fell in love. I could just imagine the partying, the old cars, and the rebellious speakeasies. I would love to just live a year in the twenties.

It's one thing to go to the dance, but it's a different thing to actually set it up. It's worse. Glitter, glue, glitter glue gets into every crevice of your skin and you won't get it out for months. Elena and Caroline are forcing me to set up for this damn thing. I don't want to know what's worse, being in a fight with Klaus or glitter getting everywhere.

Elena, Caroline, and I entered the disgustingly sparkly gym as students worked on the theme. "So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together. Why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asked, strutting to the supplies table.

"I just wish there was something I could do. Where do you want me to hang this thing?" Elena asks Caroline as she held up a fake diamond chandelier.

"You know what? If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, she should've shown up to do it herself," Caroline groans. "Just no," Caroline huffs, handing the chandelier to a girl. "What are you doing?" Caroline yells at Matt and Jeremy. "You can't just hang them. They're supposed to trickle down!" she demands.

"Trickle down," Matt mocks making Jeremy laugh.

"Look at them all bromancy," I laugh.

"Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill," Elena states.

"That was nice of him," Caroline nods.

"Jeremy's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out," Elena sighs.

"Are you sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asks. I hold back a laugh and Elena rolls her eyes.

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it," Elena scoffed.

"What are friends for?" I laugh, wrapping a pink poofy boa around her neck.

"So, who are the lucky guys you two are bringing to the dance?" Caroline asks us.

"What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, Harper, and I were going as girl dates," Elena smiles wrapping a black feathery scarf around my neck.

"Bonnie has a date," Caroline smiled.

"What?" Elena and I exclaim together.

"Jamie called, and wanted to see her, so she asked him. So, here's a thought. Why don't you ask Stefan?" Caroline suggests with a shrug.

"I can't ask him on a date. I just made out with his brother," Elena whispers.

"All the more reason. Like, you're supposed to be figuring out what you want. That's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?" Caroline asked.