Hanging The Moon Over Our Heads

BEFORE YOU READ:

So, I've been curious if any of you guys would like to know more about Harper that I didn't state already in this story. Or maybe you have some general questions about specific things. I don't know, but let me know if you have specific questions you'd like answered and if I should update a chapter specifically addressing them or just addressing them in the comments.

Thanks!

_________

I couldn't breathe, and my eyesight began to slowly come back.

It's been this way for a few months. It was dark, like it normally is. The only light was the brightness of the full moon. I coughed and coughed till finally a rock appeared in my palm, bloody and from my throat.

When Klaus placed the curse on the Crescents and I, he had a truly malicious plan. Since I, being a Feeler, Klaus made Dahlia curse me to forever of becoming a statue, rock filling every part of my body. The only time of freedom I was allowed was the full moon.

Elijah had made sure to keep my body safe in the bayou in a locked cabin. Only him, Freya, and Eden could enter. When I awoke Elijah was usually outside, waiting for me to be ready to greet my beautiful baby girl.

She was growing up, and I missed every minute of it.

After the full moon left, I would go back into the cabin to endure the pain again. My heart would fill, then my lungs, and would ever so slowly fill my veins, muscles, skin, and then, lastly, my electric eyes.

Elijah would tell me what had been going on the whole month, telling me of Klaus's traitorous deeds, of Eden's many toddler accomplishments, and of the family squabbles. I hated Klaus, and that wasn't going to change any century soon.

Elijah usually set out a new outfit for me since my old ones are always covered in a layer of dust. I always stayed with either Elijah or Freya during my only night of the month of freedom with my daughter.

But tonight, I had other plans.

I told Elijah that I didn't intend to see Eden tonight, although I wished with my entire heart to. I was going to face the man who cursed me himself. Hoping for him to drink my in, realize the pain he had caused me.

And honey, I wanted him to burn.

__________

I had seen multiple fliers on my walk down bourbon street advertising and art showing of Klaus's art at the St. James Infirmary. But before my venture there, I stopped by the compound, leading all the way to my room.

Once I opened the door, it hit something. I turned on the light to see the entire room trashed. Clothes strewn about, furniture thrown everywhere, and a hole in the far wall. It looks like Klaus found quite the temper of his awakening a few months ago.

I found a bright red dress lying on a flipped over couch. I grabbed it and put it on, dressing myself up. After I finished my time there, I headed to the art show. 

When I arrived, there were quite a few people looking around. I stood in the doorway and looked around the room, seeing dozens of familiar paintings. My vampire hearing could his voice, drifting elegantly through the air like velvet, his tongue laced with scotch.

"Have you spoken to her?"

"Who?" Another man asked, sitting beside him. "Oh, you mean her. As you well know, Aurora and I parted ways centuries ago." The man continued.