I Hold With Those Who Favor Fire

This storm was definitely caused by a magical force. I could feel the electricity start to target power, more specifically, Eden's power.

Everyone shielded themselves from the rain. I walked up to Mary, knowing she'd have a few answers. 

"How's that little one?" She asked.

"She's sleeping through the storm. Mary, I appreciate everything you and the pack helping me, but you should know what you're going against." I tell her. 

"Ancient witch trying to steal a baby? Not on my watch. I brought you something, might come in handy. In my youth, wolves and witches had a peace. Voodoo queen I knew showed me how to use herbs to tell when magic's afoot. Combine Solomon's seal and snap dragon, and burn 'em." Mary told me and lighting the combine substances.

"Mary, that's very helpful, but I don't think you understand how my power works. I can feel everything around me and let me just say, witch magic isn't going to stop it." I told her. 

"There's a hex in the air." She told me, the smoke burning black.

"Honey, I know how your power works, this is only if you don't have it." Mary told me.

"It's Dahlia. I know how her power works. She's trying to pin us down." I tell her.

"The road to the highway's flooded." Jackson states, coming under the tarp. "Quickest way out of here is on foot through the backroads. Whats wrong?" Jackson asked as Hayley joined us. 

"Elijah called. Klaus is gone. We don't know where." Hayley stated.

"Shit! He could be headed here right now!" I curse.

"That settles it. We gotta get out of here." Jackson tells us.

"What about the others?" Hayley asks.

I put my hood up and Jackson and Hayley start rounding everyone up. 

"I wanna thank you all for staying with us, protecting us. For the past few weeks, each one  of you has shown more kindness than I have ever known. Despite hardships and tragedy, you've all become the family that I've always wanted. You're my pack, but I can't let you risk your lives any more than you have. 

The witch is coming. She's powerful and she's not gonna stop. Jack, Harper, and I will be better off taking Eden and getting as far away as we can. Alone. I want you to know how grateful I am for everything that you have offered me. Us. But I can't be your queen anymore." Hayley ended her speech, and the wolves kneeled in their respects around the three of us.

Jackson turned to face Hayley, holding her hand. "You will always be their queen." Jackson told her, before bowing in front of her to kiss her hand.

_______

The wolves ended up coming with us. Yes, it will always be awkward with the wolves and I. I couldn't really help but feel what the wolves were doing, all I knew was that they were tense. I don't know how much of it was battle mode or trying not to kill me.

We walked along the river for a good four miles before Jackson told us the this was the place. "Good. Tell the others they can go. We'll be fine from here." Hayley urged Jackson. The rest of the group finally stopped behind us.

"Well, they said they're not leaving us till we get to where we're going." Jackson told Hayley.

Mary held up the metal can containing the burning Solomon's seal and snap dragon herbs which smoked a clear white. "So far, so good. Here, let me hold that little girl while you figure out where to cross." Mary told me.

I was hesitant, but I knew Mary well enough that I could trust her. The napping baby began to fuss and I shushed her softly. "There we go." I urge her to go with Mary. Mary gladly held Eden in her arms, rocking her back to sleep.