42; Bruises Over Wounds

WARNING: Some sexual content, but then not...? Also, more cursing than usual.

I walked into the baby's room when I heard and felt Elijah taking apart the baby's crib. "What's going on?" I asked with a small smile. 

"Welcome back. What is it? The fourth time this week?" Elijah asked. 

I smile and wipe the corner of my lip with my thumb and saw a small dribble of blood. "Yep. I'm doing it daily now. Don't worry, though. I've got it all under control." I smirk, licking the blood from my thumb. "I'll ask you again, what are you doing?" I ask him. 

"As we have discussed, our illusion needs to be flawless. Now, months have passed. It's the appropriate time," Elijah told me.

"Then let me do it. I've been thinking about making this my torture room. Oh! Maybe dungeon if I break out that window and add concrete." I smile, biting my lip with ease. Elijah set down the wooden board loudly and let out a huff of air.

"When is this going to stop, Harper?" Elijah asked me.

"I don't know. Maybe after the body count is right and my blood bank is completely full," I hissed, crossing my arms. "Now, get out of my room," I demand, my face dangerously close to his. Elijah shakes his head and hands me the board that he shoved out of the way before leaving. 

My smirk fell and I closed my eyes.

_____

Elijah and Klaus called Hayley and me to help them kill the Guerrera wolves. "Finally. I was so sick of moving around those mutts to get my food." I smirked feeling my eyes light up with their electric color. The three ignored my snide comment.

"We're taking the twelve original rings. Now, four of them sit on the hands of the Guerrera brothers. One on Oliver, one on Francesca, three with the home security detail and the rest scattered amongst the lackeys. Now, each ring is distinguishable by their setting. Gauche, like those who wear them," Elijah explained.

"If they believe they can get their hands on the stake, they will come for me when I'm weak. Each ring we retrieve will strengthen me, but I will be at a disadvantage," Klaus insinuated as he sat at the head of the table.

"Ergo, any hope of our success depends entirely on our working together. Two of you can no longer retreat in separate corners," Elijah said, directing the comment to Klaus and I. 

"Who said I was retreating? Oh? Or were we talking about Klaus?" I asked, tilting my head at the hybrid.

Klaus shook his head and stood, looking me in the eyes. "This is our fight. Are you ready for battle, Harper?" Klaus asks me. I hummed. 

"Of course, love," I scoffed and chuckled under my breath.

Hayley scoffed. "Just promise me that Francesca doesn't get out of this alive." Hayley hissed. 

"Her head will be served to you on a silver platter," Klaus informed her. 

"Great now that promises are in line, who's ready to kick a little ass?" I clapped my hands together.

"I'll deal with the last piece of the puzzle," Elijah assured us. 

____ 

Hayley and I went downstairs to the open area and the wolves began to drop in. "You ready?" Hayley asked. 

"Don't ask stupid questions." I laugh out as I sped to where two wolves were going up the stairs. I snapped their necks a grabbed a ring off of one's hand. I pocketed it and turned around. A group of six wolves surrounded me and I spotted a ring on one of their hands. "Point taken, message received," I smirk, my veins lighting up as I laughed. The wolves attacked, but I held them in the air. The wolves struggled and I laughed loudly.