December 1114

"She most likely will not make it through the night." I hear the doctor say from outside my room, and the sobs of my mother and father.

This is all an elaborate plan, you see.

I'm not really sick, or dying for that matter.

Niklaus compelled the town doctor to say this to my parents, so that when I'm put in my family's mausoleum and "dead", Nik can come and get me and we can live our lives together where ever it is we want to.

He's already turned me into a vampire. Last month, when he killed The Five, he wanted my help in the fight, so he fed me his blood in some red wine before we went out, and when I was ultimately killed by Rebekah on accident, I came back after Niklaus had killed all of them. He's had bad nightmares since then, and I've helped him with them time and time again, and I'm worried that in the time I spend away from him during this plan, he might do something reckless.

"Hello, my love." Klaus says, coming into my room and kneeling down beside my bed. I know my parents are near, so I cannot talk loud, or even break character. I have to really seem like I'm dying.

"Hello." I whisper, and Klaus dabs my forehead with a wet rag, something I'd been doing frequently to make it seem like I was sweating.

"You're the most beautiful dying girl I've ever seen." He smiles and I clutch his hand.

"Don't be so foul, Niklaus." Elijah walks in, a fresh rag in his hand. "Warm water." He hands it to me and I thank him. "See you soon, sister." He mumbles and kisses my forehead before leaving the room, wiping his eye as though ridding a tear.

"That was good." I whisper to Klaus, who rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Ever so silly, even when ill." He kisses the back of my hand, and I close my eyes.

"I love you." I whisper, my eyes opening slightly.

"I love you more, Violetta." He kisses my hand, my forehead, and at long last, my lips. "Open your eyes for the compulsion." He whispers, and I do as he tells me. "You will pretend to be dead until you hear my voice in the mausoleum. You will not breathe when people are around you. You'll dream wonderful dreams of me." He says, compelling me, a smile on his lips as he says the last part. "You're officially dead, love." He ends the compulsion, and whispers in my ear before dropping my hand and leaving the room.

I stop breathing. I keep my eyes closed, and fall asleep. And with Klaus' compulsion, I'll really seem dead.

I wake up to the sound of Klaus' voice.

"Hope you had a good two day nap, my love." He says, and helps me down from the marble counter I'm laying on, swapping my body for someone he probably fed on and killed.

"I'm starved, love." I say to him, and his ears perk up at the name.

"I thought only I got to call you love." He pouts slightly and I shake my head.

"I can call you love whenever I want, because you're my love."

"I love you, Violetta." He kisses me.

"I love you, Niklaus." I smile up at him when he moves away from the kiss.