July 2016

"You're not possible." Some woman says, coming up to me as I exit the airport. I'm here to see Luke, and explain myself.

"What?" I ask, walking past her.

"You're not possible." She repeats and I just walk away, and to a taxi that's waiting.

"2505 Divisadero Street." I say to the driver, and shoot that one woman a dirty look as he drives away.

I get to Luke's house after what feels like three days in this stuffy cab, it's the mansion that we compelled for ourselves years ago.

"Feels good to be home!" I shout, and in an instant, he's standing in front of me, and hugging me tight.

"What're you doing here?" He shouts, rocking us back and forth.

"I'm here to see you. Explain why I pretty much abandoned you."

"Yeah, that could be good. You want a drink?" He asks, walking through the house, and I follow him, abandoning my bag on the floor by the door. I follow him to the wine cellar, and he extends his arms out, showing me all of what we could be drinking. "We got scotch, wine, bourbon." He points to me, and raises his eyebrows.

"Nine bottles of wine sounds good to me." I nod, and I carry five bottles, and Luke laughs and picks up four, before following me back up.

"So, why did you leave me?" Luke asks as I pour wine into two glasses.

"Let's get some food delivered, yeah?" I smile, and go on my phone, pulling up the Postmates app and scrolling through the places I get get food from. "Ooh, I love the veggies from here." I smile and order way too much food.

"The story, please. It's killing me."

"Alright, alright." I take a sip of my wine. "You know how if you're a witch, you can only be a witch or a vampire, and never both, because a witch is nature's servant and all that shit?" Luke nods. "Bullshit, because both my parents are witches, and they reincarnated, they've since died, really sad, don't want to talk about it, and I'm a hybrid."

"What?"

"I'm sorry." I say, and give him an aneurism. "I'm really just good at those, and locator spells, oh and this. Ready?" I take a piece of paper, write 'hey' on it, and crumple it up and mumble "vain se message sa a le main sur la vain".

"What?!" He smiles as the paper appears in front of him.

"Cool, right?"

"You're a hybrid!" He hugs me. "So makes up for the fact that you like, left me."

"Well, I'm glad you forgive me."

We catch up on what Luke's been doing while I've been gone (he pretty much refuses to give me an answer other than 'fucking bitches, and getting money' and personally, I'm getting annoyed) and I tell him about my time with Luca, his son Vincent and girlfriend, Tonks, (nicknamed after the Harry Potter character after her ever changing hair color, which automatically made her my favorite person on the planet) and parents.

"I missed you, Vi." He says once we have our food and we're rewatching Godfather for what feels like the millionth time.

"I missed you too, Lukey." I smile.

/

thanks for 4k on this story wtf