February 2012

Mystic Falls, Virginia. 

"My dear friend," I smile, walking into the Salvatore boarding house. "Damon?" I shout.

"Fuck." I hear him curse from upstairs, and I smile. He has a girl here.

"Rebekah?" I raise my eyebrows as she walks down the stairs.

"Don't tell my brothers." She says, and I nod. "Nik is fuming at you, by the way. He called me before screaming his head off."

"I know. He's annoying." I shrug. 

"What did you do?"

"He's just overreacting." I shrug. "I had sex with Kol, but I was drunk."

"I'll talk to him." She pats my arm.

"You're not mad?" Damon asks, and I shrug. 

"Why would I care?"

"Because you used to be in Rebekah's position." 

"See, if I remember it correctly, we always fucked in my apartment, Damon. Which means that you were the one that was sneaking out in the morning."

"I never had to sneak out, I could leave."

"You snuck anyway, as though I had someone else living there." I roll my eyes. "I need to talk to you." I point at Damon.

"Oh." Elena walks in.

"Well, that's my queue." Rebekah walks out of the house.

"I'll leave you two to talk." I go to the living room and pour myself a drink, and sniff out their blood supply, and take a bag, walking around the house as I eavesdrop on Elena and Damon talking about killing Klaus. I know they won't succeed, and if they do, it'll only be temporary, but I won't put a damper on their cute little plan.

Elena leaves when I'm reading one of Stefan's diaries, he's awful broody, that one, and I finish off my blood bag and walk downstairs. 

"You're quite broody." I hold up the journal.

"That's an invasion of privacy, and considering that I don't know you, I might just have to press charges." He snatches the book from my hand.

"You didn't let me finish." I slam him up against the wall. "I'm a writer. I'm not published but I like telling the stories of vampires. And since the majority of the world thinks that they're fake, I'm going to make a billion dollars one day off of mine and Nik's story. I want one of these diaries to be a book. Spin off of the random vampire who became Niklaus' closest friend in the 20's." 

"I want to read the story!" Damon smiles. "Would love to know the backstory of why you're so you and he's so him."

"I'll summarize." I don't summarize. I tell the long story of Niklaus and I, and I pause the story several times, either for more blood, or more bourbon. I tell them the story right up to last night, when I fucked Kol three bedrooms away from Niklaus. "Now, can I get to why I'm here?"

"Sure."

"You're never going to be able to successfully kill Klaus."

"And why is that?"

"Because he's always ten steps ahead." I shout. "I'd know. I've gotten my daylight ring stolen by him more times than I can count! I was stuck under a blanket for days. He compelled me not to leave our bedroom and not to close the curtains. All I wanted was for my family back. I wanted someone to talk to that wasn't him!" I say, and a tear falls down my face. "I know him better than anyone, and you're not being subtle about this."

"Tell us how to do it then."

"Don't. You don't know who your sire is. But I sure as hell know who mine is. You could wipe out the majority of the vampires on this planet, and in return, I can help you find out who yours is. I know who Klaus' first turn is, I know who Elijah's first turn is, and I know who Rebekah's first turn is. Rebekah's sire line isn't long. Elijah's is massive and they've turned into a sort of cult. But Niklaus' sire line. Now that's a party." I smirk. "I'll get in contact with my people, and in return you call off your plans," I poke Stefan in the chest. "And if I find out you crossed me," I look him up and down in disgust. "You'll have a 900 year old vampire on your ass, ready to rip your heart out." I say, and run a finger over his cheek.