May 1887

1887, New Orleans.

"Rebekah!" I shout. It's been 52 years since she was daggered, and Klaus hadn't told me he was undaggering her today.

"Violetta! I can't believe you're still with my villainous brother." She hugs me.

"Five hundred and seventy three years next month." I shrug, a small smile on my face. "Have you been filled in with all the details? It's 1887, Marcel is a vampire, we're still in New Orleans, Elijah had a girlfriend for a brief moment in time, that was revolutionary, it's over now though, sadly."

"Marcel is a vampire?"

"Yes, he was shot shortly after you were daggered. He was trying to free some slaves and was killed. Klaus fed him blood, I think. I can not actually remember. It was quite some time ago. I've missed you." I explain Marcel's story, and quickly change the topic.

"I missed you too, sister."

"The night Klaus daggered you we had a fight."

"I didn't even know that was possible with you two."

"We fight often. We're like an old married couple."

"We are an old married couple." Klaus comes up behind me, and kisses my cheek. "Do you like your surprise?"

"I'm over the moon with it. I dreamt about the time we met last night, you know." I say to Rebekah.

"I wanted to see if you'd take the hint. Happy birthday." Klaus says, telling me he planted the dream in my mind. "I love birthdays."

"You are such a manipulative man." I roll my eyes, and he narrows his eyes at me. "Thank you."

"You love me."

"Yes, I do." I smirk. "Can we drink? I feel like we haven't drank in ages." I get a three bottles of bourbon out, and hand one to each of the siblings.

"Where are Kol and Elijah?"

"Kol and Elijah are out." Klaus responds, popping the top out of his bottle and taking a long drink of its contents, and I do the same.

"You just let him dagger his siblings?" Rebekah asks once I've swallowed.

"He doesn't tell me his plans, Rebekah. He just does them, and I fight with him after. In the fifty two years you were gone I fought with him at least twice a month, and those are just the fights that revolve around asking him to undagger you."

"And she has tried to undagger you on multiple occasions, but each and every time she gets to the basement, I find her."

"So I have tried to help you, I'm just not sneaky enough." I drink from the bottle again, almost finishing it in one drink.

"Here. I need blood, not alcohol." She hands me her bottle and leaves.

"She's mad at me."

"More at me, for leaving her daggered for so long."

"I told her Marcel was a vampire." I say after finishing my bottle.

"You put alcohol away like a champion my love."

"You're changing the topic because you're happy it was me that told her about Marcel and not you."

"You're becoming more and more like me everyday, and I love that."

"You love it because you're an egotistical maniac." I roll my eyes and he fakes being hurt. "You're my egotistical maniac though, so it's fine." He hums and relaxes back into the couch, pulling me with him.

"We're going to have a party tonight." He decides. "To celebrate the return of Rebekah."

"Not for my birthday?"

"Oh your birthday is a whole different celebration, my love. Just you wait and see." He smiles.

For my birthday, which was a week after he had undaggered Rebekah, Niklaus had somehow managed to get me 791 roses, and while the house was filled with the sweet scent, he threw a ball just for me. The night was full of sweet kisses and sweeter blood, mischief from Kol and I, and flirty looks from random men, all of whom were killed by Niklaus for looking at me.