February 2012

Mystic Falls, 2012

"Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am." I hear Kol say from outside the door I'm standing behind, Niklaus holding my hand.

All the Mikaelson's are alive, other than Mikael, of course. It's shocking, so when Niklaus called me to tell me the news, I immediately got the first flight out to see them, and to meet Finn. 

"Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled." Rebekah says back, and I smile.

"Look who I found." Klaus, says, ushering me into the room, and I smile widely at the siblings.

"Violetta!" Kol shouts, embracing me. "I was hoping you'd be the one to save me, but I was disappointed when I saw Elijah's mug staring down at me."

"I would've helped, but Niklaus had a tendency of stealing my daylight ring when trying to undagger a sibling." I look to my ex-husband. "Isn't that right my divorcee?" I smirk, and run my fingers over his cheek.

"Don't call me that. So harsh." Niklaus says, and I air-kiss Rebekah, and then move on to Elijah, hugging him tight.

"I don't believe we've met. Violetta Santoro, formerly known as Violetta Santoro-Mikaelson." I shake Finn's hand. "Nice to finally meet you, Finn."

"Likewise. I was astonished to hear that my brother had found love, and managed to keep you for almost as long as I was stuck in a box." He shakes my hand, and offers me a glass of bourbon.

"Thank you." I smile, taking the glass.

"Violetta!" A blonde woman comes into the room and embraces me, and I stand there with my eyes wide for a moment, arms out as I'm caught off guard.

"Who is this?" I mouth to Elijah, who mouths back 'mother'. "Oh, you're Esther!" I pull away from the hug. "Nice to meet you."

"I'm so glad I get to meet you. I've seen you millions of times from the other side, but I never thought I'd actually see you in person, since you and Niklaus broke up."

"We're still friends. Elijah as well." I nod. "I just live in a different state, so I don't see them very often. We speak a lot." I shrug, and take a sip of my bourbon. "So what's the deal with this whole ball?" I ask, fluffing my hair in the mirror.

"To celebrate us being a family again." Esther explains and I nod.

"Nice, who's invited?"

"The majority of the town, but I would love for you to hand out one special invitation." Niklaus says, and I narrow my eyes at him and finish my bourbon. "Elena Gilbert. The doppelgänger." He hands me one with her name written in pretty cursive letters. "She's protected by the Salvatore brothers, and they both love you, but hate me, so they'd be appreciate a familiar face."

"Of course." I pour myself another bourbon. "Let me just spruce up, and I'll be on my merry way." I grab my duffel bag and glass and wander the house they've compelled for themselves, a mansion, not that I'm surprised, and find an empty room and change from my comfy joggers and sweatshirt to a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and leather jacket. I jam my feet into my converse, and although I look a little like a 1950's greaser, I'm ready to go and hunt down this doppelgänger bitch.

"Here's her address." Elijah hands me a slip of paper.

"Aw, I was looking forward to a hunt." I smirk and take the slip of paper.

"When aren't you?" Kol smiles.

"I'll be back in a bit." I down my bourbon and leave the home, going to Niklaus' car, he wouldn't mind that I was driving it anyway, and driving around the streets of this shitty little town until I see her street. I find the house and knock on the door.