March 1922

Chicago, 1922

"We're going to the speakeasy, love." Nik says, and I nod and change into a dress and do my hair. I love speakeasies. They're risky and full of life.

Nik and I enter the speakeasy, and I spot Rebekah instantly. My husband and I sit at a table while Rebekah eyes men up as they walk throughout the bar. A man enters, and Gloria, the owner of the speakeasy, a witch, stops singing.

"Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?"

"Save me a dance, Gloria." The man, 'Mr. Salvatore', responds, and my eyes watch him as he walks throughout this speakeasy.

"Take it easy, love, you're staring."

"I'm observing." I smirk back. "I only have eyes for you, Niklaus." I kiss him.

I watch as this Salvatore man goes to grab a glass of champagne, but Rebekah takes it before he does.

"Ooh, please, help yourself."

"I always do." Rebekah responds, and I roll my eyes. She gets closer to him, and her fangs come out, the veins under her eyes popping, and she licks the corner of his mouth, ridding it of a spec of blood.

"Careful, Mr. Salvatore. You're still wearing your date. She's lovely." She tries to walk away, but he grabs her arm, and I stop paying attention as Nik asks me if I want anything to drink.

"Glass of champagne, my love?" He extends a glass to me and I thank him, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Thank you."

The days pass, but Nik, Rebekah and I always find ourselves back in that one speakeasy. Gloria is singing, a waiter is pouring champagne onto a champagne tower, and Rebekah is dancing with some random man, but her eyes are trained on that one Salvatore that comes back to this speakeasy as well. He's at the bar, with friends, and being annoyingly loud.

"Sorry to crash the fun, boys, but some of us actually came here to hear the music. Not you."

"I am so sorry, sweetheart. Are we offending you?" His friends laugh, and Rebekah touches his face.

"It would take a lot more than a baby face like this to offend me." She says, and is about to walk away. I have to contain my laughter as Niklaus and I dance.

"What?"

"Are you listening to Rebekah and that man?"

"No, why what are they saying, my nosey woman?"

"Rebekah called him a baby face. I just find it quite funny."

"Hey, hey. You ever going to tell me your name?"

"Sure. When you earn it. Now do Gloria a favor and stick a sock in it." She walks away and goes back to dancing with the man from before, and I give her an eyebrow raise and she shrugs slightly.

We learn his name, and he, Stefan, learns Rebekah's. Klaus does not like him, which means that I in turn, can not like him either.

"It's late, Rebekah, we're leaving." Klaus takes her arm, and I stand back, not wanting to get in the middle of this.

"Get off of me!" Stefan stands.

"Who is this guy?"

"Stefan, don't. He'll kill you. He's a lot stronger than he looks." Stefan's standing behind Rebekah, with his hand protectively on her shoulder.

"So this is the famous Stefan Salvatore. I've been hearing so much about. You were right, Vi, he does have funny hair. I'm bored. I want to go."

"Then go without me, I'm not your wife, Violetta is."

"Thank you for reminding me of my marital status, sister." He squeezes my hand and I smile at Stefan.

"I never said anything about your hair." I say to Stefan and he chuckles and shakes his head.

"You're my sister, which means...You have to do as I say."

A week later, Niklaus decides he doesn't hate Stefan anymore, and we're going, guess where, to the speakeasy, to talk with him and Rebekah.

"So Stefan, enlighten me. What makes you worthy of an Original like my sister? She's pure vampire and you're no more than a diluted bloodline."

"Don't listen to him, Stefan. Nik's an elitist." Rebekah smiles.

"Hmm. And where's the rest of your family?"

"Well, let's see. Um...I killed most of them." Klaus smirks, and twists his fingers with mine.

"But not all." I pipe in, wanting it to seem like I wasn't married to a monster.

"And you're okay with that?" Stefan asks Rebekah.

"Well, we all had the chance to choose a side. I chose the right one, eventually." Rebekah says, and I just smile at Klaus. Everyone knows the that I can't control him. He's more powerful than me, and could over take me in a heartbeat, although he would never dream of hurting me.

I don't really pay attention to the rest of the conversation. I look at people dancing, watch unamused as Niklaus and Stefan torture some man by making him drink his wife's blood, he's not a vampire, and hates it. I do as well. As much as I believe humans are playthings, this is just taking advantage of compulsion.

At this point, I'm sure that Niklaus loves Gloria's speakeasy more than he loves me. He frequents the place, Stefan always at his side, and I just stop going because I don't want to be in the middle of their japes any longer. I spend time at our apartment, I clean and listen to the radio, or I go to the bakery that's nearby and people watch. I find myself doing it more and more, and I'm fascinated with their lives and I come up with stories for them in my head.

It doesn't take long for Mikael to find us, and when he does we're in the speakeasy, not surprised, but I see something that I never thought I would see. I see Niklaus compel away his friendship with Stefan, because he knew it was a dangerous friendship. He compelled away all those moments in the speakeasy with himself, Rebekah and I.

/

we're just gonna pretend like violetta (kendall) isn't on her phone in that pic ok? ok.