Alternate Ending (part 3/4)

this starts right after the last feb. 2012 chap

"Vi," Damon says, startling me as I walk out of the Mikaelson mansion and to Nik's car. "Sorry." He laughs, realizing that he just scared the shit out of me. "Can I come with you to Cali?"

"Yeah. Is everything okay, D?"

"Fine." He says, smiling an obviously fake smile at me, and we get in the car. I don't mention any of this to Nik, he just gets in the backseat, puts headphones in, and sits in silence.

"He's leaving."

"Do you know why?"

"No."

The car ride is quiet, and I don't question Damon on why he's coming with me all of a sudden. We get to the airport and I hug Nik goodbye one last time before we head in and Damon compels himself a seat on the plane. I don't question why he's coming with me, because I know it's probably a personal reason that he doesn't want to talk about, so I just let him hold my hand, and I rub his head when he puts his head down on my shoulder as we're waiting for our plane to board.

When we're on the way back from the airport to mine and Luke's, is when I finally ask him what brought him here.

"Dame, you gotta tell me at some point."

"Yeah, I know, I just-" He runs a hand over his face. "I can't take Mystic Falls anymore. All the drama, and I love Elena, and she's never going to love me. So I have to get over her. And that's why I came here. That's why I came across the country. To get away from the girl I love to be with the girl I like."

"You like me?" I smirk and he just winks.

"Always have, always will." He smirks back.

"Mate, I had no idea you were coming, but if you're crashing with us, you can have some input on this as well, we're going to the animal shelter right now to get a dog."

"Luke," I groan. "We're not going now! I just got off a long flight after a weekend with my ex. I want to sleep."

"We're going to the fucking animal shelter, Violetta. Suck. It. Up." Damon says from the backseat. "I love dogs."

"No you don't."

"I like dogs that aren't werewolves." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

We go to the animal shelter and decide to adopt a little miniature husky pup that was treated horribly, and thrown into the LA river. He's so precious and his name is Tequila, and I love him so much. I cried when I saw him, made a whole scene. And we didn't even give him the name Tequila, he came with it. Because he's silver and tequila is called 'silver tequila'. It was perfect for the alcoholics that Luke, Damon and I are. And we were told that we could change the name, but we love it. It suits him, and it suits us.

Damon, Luke and I are a happy family living and working in Los Angeles, well Luke and I are working, while Damon just lounges around the house and goes to bars. What I do is barely a job. I plan parties, and YouTube, where I work, is having a lot of parties this year, and I'm being pressured to get all of them done as soon as possible. It ain't easy being a party planner, y'all.

One night, after a particularly hard day of work, where it was just super boring, because I was done with one project and the designs I came up with weren't going to be approved for a day, so I didn't have much to do, but I'm not allowed to leave early, so once the clock hit 4:30, I lied, said I got my period unexpectedly and stained my pants, before booking it out of there, and to my car, promptly going home to drink a bottle of bourbon to myself. Or a bottle of tequila, in honor of the pup. Oh, and I got a phone call from Elijah saying that Niklaus is essentially dead, so that's good to hear too.