April 2016

2016, New Orleans

The plane ride to New Orleans was great. I slept almost the entire way there, I saw someone that I used to have sex with, which was a little awkward at first, but got over it and fell asleep, despite Luke's attempts to wake me up.

"Violetta. What a surprise to see you here." Niklaus smirks as I walk into the compound, steam practically blowing out of my ears.

"How could you, Niklaus! I loved Harry. You made me think that he was dead. For nine hundred years!" I punch his chest. "Nine hundred fucking years!"

"Happy nine hundred and twentieth birthday." Niklaus responds and I push him.

"That's not fair, Nik." I whisper.

"Can we do this in a more private manner?" He asks and I scowl. "Taking that as a yes." He picks me up, and sprints away.

"Where are we?!" I scream.

"We're only across the street. Calm down. Please, my Rose." He hugs me.

"How could you, Niklaus?" I ask once he lets go of me, and I've calmed down. "You know I struggled with the death of Harold. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was selfish. I wanted you all to myself, ever since I first laid eyes on you."

"So you killed my fiancé?!"

"Well, I killed him, and he got eternal life, so not exactly. I figured if we broke up, I could just send him over to you, because he's the only person I could tolerate you being with."

"That's not fair, Niklaus! When will you see that you manipulating my life for your own pleasure isn't healthy! It's not good!"

"You dumped me!" He shouts back. "I love you still! I only agreed with you when you broke up with me because I had seen how you began to grow bored and I didn't want you to be bored with me."

"Niklaus, I wasn't bored. I was just yearning to rest. I wanted to have a home that we could call ours after seven hundred years of running." I say, tears running down my cheeks. "Why didn't you tell me? I had such strong feelings for you for so long, and they have finally faded, mildly, of course, you're number one forever, but- Harry."

"I can put my feelings for you aside. If you so wish." The look he gives me when he says this breaks my heart.

"Oh my Niklaus." I cry, and cup his cheek. "My protector. My wolf. My big bad man." I wipe his tears. "I love you. I always will."

"Oh Violetta." He cries, and embraces me. "I've wanted you to say that to me for so long." He kisses me. "My baby." Niklaus smiles. "My little Rose." He puts a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Stay with me, here in New Orleans. Be the Queen to my King again."

"I can't, Niklaus. You know that. I have a life in LA. We would have to be long distance."

"Try with Harry. For me, I kept him alive for you. Bring him to Los Angeles. If you don't want to be with him, tell Luke, and Luke will send him off."

"What do you mean Luke will send him off? How do you know Luke?"

"Luke is one of my sires."

"Of course he is." I roll my eyes. "You got him to meet me. To love me. To keep my company during a hard time." Tears well in my eyes. "You control my life so much, Nik."

"Of course I do. I'm Niklaus, your egotistical maniac."

"Shut up." I rest my head on his shoulder. "I'm a mess."

"It's fine, you still look gorgeous to me."

"One before we have to get back to everyone else." I say, and press my lips to his. "One for the tears." I whisper, separating our lips, and then pressing them back together.

"One for the past fifty years." He squeezes my butt, and I let out a loud laugh. "Another for the past fifteen minutes." He kisses me, cupping my jaw, and holding me close.

"Niklaus Mikaelson, you sly dog." I smirk.

"That's me." He laughs, and I lean my head on his chest. "Stay for a week."

"Three days. It's all I have clothes for."

"You need to see the new New Orleans."

"I was here once. For work." He looks shocked that I didn't call him. "You weren't here. You were in Mystic Falls, visiting Caroline." I smirk. "Why are you allowed to fancy people, and I'm not?" I look up at him, and he leads us to a couch. We need to have a calm moment, and we've been standing for however long next to the door of this home.

"Because no matter what, it's always you, Violetta." I look at him, and he nods. "I'm sorry. I crossed a line."

"How are things, Niklaus?"

"I like a girl. I think."

"Progress! What is her name?"

"Camille."

"Psychologist Camille?"

"Yes." I nod. "Are you jealous, love?"

"I just got chills. Don't call me that." I spit. He knows what calling me love does.

"Love, love, love." He mumbles, but with my supernatural hearing, I hear every single one of them.

"I'm leaving, Niklaus. Make up your mind. Don't tell me to date Harry and then want to have sex with me. It's not fair." I stand and head to the door, but he beats me there, and doesn't let me open it.

"I'm sorry." He then holds the door open for me, and I sprint out of it and across the street, where I find Luke chatting with Elijah like they're old pals, and Harry flirting with Rebekah.

"What the fuck, Luke?! You're sired to Niklaus and you didn't tell me?!" I poke him in the chest.

"He told me not to." Luke shrugs, and I can't argue with that, because if Niklaus told him not to, I can't blame him, when you're sired to someone all you feel like you have to do everything you can to please them.

It's normally unusual for things like this to happen, but Luke is bi, so I'm not surprised that he loved both Klaus and I in a short span of time. We're very similar.

"I hate you." I poke his chest.

"No you don't!" Luke shouts and hugs me, and I can't help but hug back. My baby Luke has helped me through so much.

"I don't." I smile, and wrap my arms around his neck. "We're in New Orleans." I smile, and he nods, a wide smile on his face. "Bourbon street?"

"You shower. I'll pick outfits." He says, and I take him upstairs, and after a bit of navigation, I find an empty room that has roses painted on the walls, which tells me that it was meant for me anyway, and Niklaus painted it. I know he painted it because of my fucking nickname. That thoughtful asshole dedicated an entire room to me.