Alternate Ending (pt. 1/4)

this takes place a month after the fourth 'April 2016' chapter

I decided to take Elijah up on his offer of 'him taking me all for himself'. It would take some getting used to, but I'm sure that I would eventually get used to being with him, and not Niklaus.

I deserved to date whoever I wanted, and Niklaus has no jurisdiction over who I date.

"Hi," Elijah says as I walk out of my home. He followed me to Los Angeles, to make it easier on Nik. "You look magnificent, Violetta."

"Thank you." I smile, and kiss his cheek. "Let's go on this big date you have planned for us." I smirk and he takes my hand and we sit in the back of a car. "What is this? A compelled vehicle?"

"Shut up, of course. I have to be able to watch you at all times, especially if you look this beautiful." He kisses my knuckles

"You spoil me, Elijah."

"Get used to it, love." He kisses my hand.

We go to dinner at an exquisite restaurant that's near the ocean.

"I love you, Violetta." He says before kissing my temple as we look out at the water. "I know you're going through some rough times right now, but I want you to know that I'll be right by your side the whole time."

And he was.

We moved to New York so I could go to NYU to learn more about writing, and I published my first book in 2019. They were about mine and Niklaus' former relationship. The first book went up until 1921, when we met Salvatore Stevens, more commonly known as Stefan Salvatore, and then I published that book that I stole from him when we first met in 2012, and then wrote the second book of Niklaus and I, from 1921 to 2012. It was mainly about how I changed. I wrote about the long talk that we had on Matt Donovan's porch, and I couldn't help but think about how we both changed during the nearly 40 years we spent apart. Elijah and I now live in New York City, because after living in Los Angeles for a while, Elijah got sick of it. He hated it, a lot. Everyone was fake and really cared about class. Elijah would've fit in spectacularly if he brought his sire line with him. Saying he was "The King of ___" would be an instant in to wherever we wanted, but when we moved to New York so I could go to school, he instantly fell in love with the city. It's people, the culture, the way that it's hectic, but amazing. He instantly fell into the government and put a lot of time into making it a wonderful place.

"Elijah?" I say, walking into our bedroom.

"Yes, my love?"

"You know how I'm a hybrid? Witchy vampire whatever?"

"Yes." He smirks.

"I'm pregnant." His eyes light up.

"Oh, my love." He sprints to me to check the pregnancy test that I took after vomiting several times this morning.

"I-I didn't know that was possible." I say as he hugs me tight.

"Marry me." He whispers. "Violetta." He smiles, and then kisses me. "Marry me, my love."

"Yes." I whisper back, and we kiss again.

We're married three months later, it's extravagant, in St. Patricks Cathedral on 5th Ave, and we pack the place. Vampires, humans, my parents reincarnated again just to be there. But the one person we didn't think would show up did. Niklaus.

"Hi." He says, coming up to me.

"Nik." I smile, hugging him. "I-I didn't think you'd come. You didn't RSVP."

"I wasn't planning on it, but Rebekah convinced me to come last night. She wanted me to see that you're happy, because for the past year, I haven't been able to get you off my mind. I was convinced that you were truly unhappy with Elijah. I didn't understand why you picked him over me, but now I see it. He makes you happy."