April 2016

About 20 miles outside of New Orleans, Louisiana.

I call Damon, because he always knows what to say to me.

"Violetta!" I can hear his smile.

"Damon." I muster up my best smile, even though he can't see me.

"What's up? Why are you calling? You sound sad, do I have to some Original kick ass?"

"Uh- I'm in New Orleans, and Klaus and Elijah were fighting and," I start to break down now. "I ran away. I sound so childish saying that, but I did, and I want to see you and Ric and Stefan." I say in one breath, and then take a few to calm down.

"Okay. Yeah. Compel yourself a car and I'll meet you somewhere along the road there. I'll bring Stefan and Caroline to keep you company on the drive back to Mystic Falls. Sound good?" He asks, and I can hear how worried he is.

"Yeah. That sounds good. I'll see you soon. Thanks, Dame." I sniffle.

A trip to the East Coast is never complete to me if I don't go see my bitches in Mystic Falls.

Over the years, I've become friends with them all, even Caroline. Still would like to say fuck Elena though, she's just a wining modern day Katherine Pierce, rest her soul.

Plus I hear Matty Donovan became a cop, so who wouldn't want to see all that in uniform.

It's a long drive to Mystic Falls, but I manage it with lots of coffee and talking to Luke for half an hour, just to assure him that I'm fine, where I was forced to have a brief conversation with Niklaus, where I asked him nicely to leave me alone until I talked to him. I need to recover from this trip.

I think I need to get over him.

I arrive in some backwoods town in Georgia, where Damon, Stefan, Caroline and I meet up.

"Hi." I hug Damon, practically collapsing into his arms.

"Hey." He picks me up and hugs me tightly, and I wrap my legs around his waist. Damon has been my rock post-Klaus twice now. "You'll be fine. A week of boozing with Damon and Alaric is always the cure." I smile, and can't help but laugh as I clamber down from him and embrace Stefan and then Caroline.

"Been there, done that, girl." She says and I roll my eyes. "Seriously though. You can get over him."

"I've had more time with him than all of your life spans combined. It's not easy to just forget about all of that."

"You could have Elijah compel it away."

"I can't. Niklaus compelled me so that I can only be compelled by him."

"That's another level of evil."

"It's so that they could never use me against him." I roll my eyes. "He dies, the compulsion dies." I shrug. "But we also die, and he looks damn good with curly hair. Would just like to point that out." I say, and Caroline's eyes widen.

"Curly?"

"You wouldn't think it, right!" I laugh and pull my phone out, showing her a selfie I took of us while drunk last night.

"Oh shit." She says, taking my phone. "Love you, Stefan." She turns to her boyfriend. "He looks fucking sexy, though."

"I know." I nod. "Oh, just wait until you hear why I'm even here, though." I lick my teeth. "I'm going to need some bourbon though, first." I say, and I hear Damon step on the gas pedal, revving his engine.

"Let's get in the car then, ladies!" He shouts, and we sprint there and Damon speeds to Mystic Falls, arriving a few hours after nightfall.

"So, tell us why you're here, Violetta. It seems like a wild story if you've run away." Stefan says once we're all thoroughly drunk.