March 1114

Italy, 1114

Every second of March I spent with the Mikaelsons. Niklaus was convinced that I needed a distraction away from the hell that was my home now that I was practically widowed.

"What's one thing that I don't know about you?" Niklaus asks. Him, his siblings and I, were sitting outside by a fire one night as we drank wine.

"I have a brother." I shrug.

"You have a brother?"

"Yes." I nod. "His name is Luca. He moved away a few years ago. Got married." I shrug. "He comes home every other year, for Christmas. I don't really like him because he left me alone with our parents. I was often bored before you guys came along."

"Luca." Niklaus nods. "Good to know."

"Why is that good to know?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed as I stand up to get more wine from inside their home.

"I want to know everything about you, Violetta." My heart fluttered. Why am I reacting like this? Harry's only just died. "You're the one person on this planet that I care about more than my siblings. I want to make sure that you're always safe, even if it puts me in the line of fire."

"Stop flirting, Niklaus." Elijah smirks, and I blush and walk towards their home.

"My brother likes you." Rebekah says, scaring me as she appears out of nowhere in the kitchen.

"I know he does. He told me in France."

"Do you like him?"

"I don't think about things like that anymore. Not since Harold died." I say, pick up the bottle, and go back to the fire, taking my seat back down next to Elijah.

"I'm sorry for what I said." He whispers, pouring us both more wine.

"It is fine. Do not worry about it, Elijah." I smile and take a sip of my dark rich wine.

"I should get you home." Niklaus says, standing in front of me.

"It's fine. My mother knows I'm here, so I can stay later."

"I want you home. There is a full moon. There are crazy people that come out on the full moon." He smiles, and I roll my eyes and stand up, taking his offered hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I smile at the siblings, and walk away with Niklaus.

"My Violetta." Niklaus strokes a piece of my hair away from my face. "Can I kiss you?" He whispers, and I look up at him. "Please." He says, just above a whisper.

"Yes." I say, and he bends down, cupping my face and pressing his lips to mine.

"Thank you." He whispers once he separates our lips, and presses his forehead to mine.

"You don't have to thank me." I whisper back. "I have feelings for you, Niklaus. I just- I cannot bring myself to act on them because of Harold's death."

"That's the best thing you've ever said to me." He whispers, and we walk to my home.

The next day I do the same thing that I have done all month. I wake up, eat breakfast, get changed, and go to the Mikaelson's home.

"Hi." I smile entering the house, where Elijah is reading, and Rebekah is cooking.

"Niklaus is in his bedroom." Elijah greets me, and I roll my eyes and sit down next to him, stealing his book. "I was reading that." He clicks his tongue, and I smirk, and read the front cover.

"Fairy Tales." I read the front cover. "A good choice, although I thought they were for children." I hold his spot in the book and flip to the front page, and read.