October 1981

1981, Dallas, Texas.

"Where are we going?" I ask Katherine.

I don't know how I got here, but I'm here, I'm drunk, and I'm with Katerina Petrova, and I don't know what Niklaus would do if he found out. But he isn't here right now, so what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

"Rolling Stones concert." She says, and compels us in.

"Great. Love these guys." I say and follow her in. "Let us drink free, for the entire night." I say to the bartender, compelling him.

"I'll let you drink for free for the entire night." He repeats my words and he gives Katherine and I vodka sodas, heavy on the vodka, which is appreciated.

"Let's dance." She says, and we weave our way into the crowd, and by the end of the first song, we've both had six drinks, and are thoroughly drunk.

The next day.

"I'll see you when I see you, then." Katherine says, awkwardly smiling at me.

"Uh- yeah." I nod.

"I meant to ask, what are these charms?"

"They're from friends."

"Do you think I could give you one? I'd like to consider us friends, even if your ex-husband has been tracking me down to kill me."

"Yeah. I'll get you something too." I smile. "Meet back here in like, an hour?" She nods, and I smile and we exit the hotel room.

After an hour of shopping, I decide to get her a bracelet/necklace with a blue gemstone, sort of like the one she wears already. It matches it.

"Here." She hands me a small box, and I do the same.

I open the box and see a tiny enamel lipstick charm.

"I love it." I smile. "It's very you."

"Thank you." She opens the box and sees the bracelet. "It's beautiful."

"You can wear it as a necklace or a bracelet. It's big and vintage, and I thought you might like it." I smile.

"I love it. Thank you, Violetta." She hugs me.

"Anytime." I smile. "I'll see you around?" We hug one more time.

"Definitely." She says, and we part ways.