March 1492

England, 1492

"My love. It's happened. I found her." Niklaus says, tears brimming in his eyes, startling me awake, but when I realize it's just him I relax.

"Found who?" I ask, rubbing sleep out of my eyes. He's been at a party all night, but I didn't feel like going, so I stayed home.

"A doppelgänger. She's here. Her name is Katerina Petrova."

"That's wonderful, Niklaus." I say, and kiss him. "I'm going back to sleep. I love you."

"I love you too, my queen."

It breaks my heart to hear the news that has Niklaus in such a state.

She ran away. Katerina Petrova found out about his plan and ran away. 

I have never seen Niklaus as mad as he is right now. Everyone is scared of him. Especially me. Who knows if he would beat me to take out his anger. I don't think he would, but really, you never know.

Days pass and we find out that Katerina turned herself into a vampire.

Niklaus' anger turned to rage, and he ran to Bulgaria, where she was from and killed her family. It wasn't a move that I agreed with, but there was nothing I could do about it until he came back and told me what he had done.

"I'm sorry, my love." I say that night when Niklaus is crying in my arms.

"I waited so long. She ruined it. I should kill her."

"If you don't, I will. I promise you." I kiss his forehead. "Let's go to bed." I say, and pull him into bed, holding him close to my body. "I love you. Wolf or not."

"I love you too, my Violetta."