February 1114

"You ready to go?" Niklaus asks, walking into my home and I nod, excited to go to France.

"Be careful! Niklaus, keep an eye on her." My mother says, and hugs both of us.

"I won't take my eyes off her, Madam." He assures my mom, and kisses her hand, and we leave, Niklaus carrying my trunk as we go. "What on earth do you have in here?"

"Enough dresses to last a lifetime, if I'm honest. My mother packed for me, and told me I needed every single one of them. I'll probably wind up wearing this one twice. It's the most comfortable one I own." I say, it's a simple dress, white cotton with ties going down it, and I have my hair down in the way Niklaus likes, not on purpose, but because my mother told me that I should wear it like that.

I can't help but think that this is the way I wore it the night I had dinner with Harry and the Mikaelson siblings.

I push my thoughts away and listen to Niklaus as he tells me what we're going to do. "And then I'm going to take you to dinner. Sound good?" He asks and I nod. "It's about a two day journey. We have fast horses." He smiles.

"Of course." I smile. "I was expecting a long journey."

"I need to talk to you about something." He says, and takes my hands.

"Anything." I smile, looking him in the eye.

"I love you, Violetta."

"Oh- Niklaus- I-"

"I know, you don't feel the same way, Violetta, but I love you. There's nothing I can do about it. And it feels too good for me to be able to say it. You don't have to say anything back, just know that is how I feel about you."

We have an utterly awkward two days in the carriage after that.

"Don't let what I told you affect how you act on this trip." He says, holding my hands. "I want you to have a good time."

And I do. I have the best time here, the culture, the life, the food. Everything here is amazing, and I find myself acting like a child at sometimes, jumping up slightly at things that I see. I even lose my voice because of how many excited squeals I make.

I write a letter to Niklaus, thanking him for this trip.

'Niklaus, thank you so much for bringing me here. I might not have the same feelings for you that you have for me, but I want you to know that I appreciate you so much just for putting the effort in for making me have a good time after the devastating news I had last month. I hope that one day I can love you in the way you love me, because to have your love is something that makes me feel special. You're special. You're one of the most caring people I've ever met. I can't thank you enough for bringing me here. Thank you forever, your Violetta.'

"Here." I say in my weak voice, handing the parchment to Niklaus.

"Come here." He smiles after reading, and he pulls me into a hug. "Thank you for saying that you may just love me one day. That was the best thing I could've ever read. And there is no need to thank me for this trip. You needed a break from Vogogna." He says and I smile. It's the truth I needed to get away. I nod in agreement. "Hug me. Just hold me tight." He whispers and I comply. It's the least I can do when he's taken the time to come with me to a different country. We fall asleep like that. Laying on the couch with me hugging him and him stroking my hair.

We leave two days later. It's a short trip, only four days long, but I think it was incredibly worth it.

"Thank you." I say, my voice completely healed the day before we left, I don't know how, but I feel as good as new now. Like it wasn't even gone.

"Any time, Violetta." He smiles. "Come here." He hugs me and kisses my forehead.

"Thank you." I whisper one last time before we part ways, and I go into house, while he goes to his.