It's all about sex... [Student/Teacher] - Chapter Twenty Two

Okay, so this is a filler chapter. But read it anyway! :)

Read/Vote/Comment!!!

Kerry_x

******************************************************************************************************

Jai’s POV:

I went straight back to the hall. I could feel that I had this grin on my face. I couldn’t get rid of it. Something in me had snapped. Entering the hall I found Claire still dancing with Blake. I sat at the table from earlier. Sitting at this table, everything hit me all at once. The grin faded from my face, my shoulders tightened. I had slept with Rosa. I felt like hitting myself. What the hell have I done? I had just ruined my marriage. I looked at my hand, at the wedding ring. The gold band shone in the multi-coloured light, mocking me. I got up and went to the bar; the line had gone down considerably. I ordered a beer and downed half of it at once. Sitting back at the table Claire joined me. Her face was flushed and her eyes shining.

“Hey honey!” she slurred a little. Looking at Blake he nodded at me. He had given her some drinks. I suppose I should feel thankful that he kept her occupied while I was with Rosa. But unfortunately this just made me feel guiltier. He had been entertaining my wife, while I had sex with Rosa.

“Thank you Blake.” He nodded and left the hall.

Pulling Claire to her feet, I pulled her across the hall and towards the car park.

“Jai! Where we going? The party’s just getting started.”

“You’re drunk Claire. Let’s get you home before you do anything.” I pushed her into the passenger seat. I know I had a drink but I was sober. Marching round to the driver’s side, I saw Blake opening the door of his car. I glanced in the car and I saw Rosa’s profile. She hadn’t seen me. I started my car and drove off before she could see me. I looked at Claire, she had fallen asleep already. I don’t know if I had mentioned before, but she was a sleepy drunk. I reached my home fairly quickly; there were barely any cars on the road. I carried Claire in; she was too out of it to wake up. I laid her on the bed; sitting on the edge I hung my head in my hands. The guilt was tearing at me. Getting up I went to the shared bathroom. Taking a quick shower I pulled on some long pyjama pants and rubbed my hair dry. Going downstairs I crept past the living room. Making myself a drink I sat at the table and stared at the cup of tea, the steam was rising from the cup.

“Jai?” I looked up at the woman who came in. She had a thick dressing gown on. “Darling? What’s the matter? Why are you crying?” I hadn’t even realised that I was. Wiping my eyes quickly I said

“It’s nothing mom.” My mother looked at me, her eyes were watching me. I knew she saw right through the lie. My mom was here to watch the kids while we went to the dance. When we had asked she was happy enough to come down and watch her grandkids. She adored them, she wasn’t happy when we found out we were expecting with Damon but as soon as he was born she fell in love with him.

My mother was only in her early forties. Her and my dad had me when they were 20. My mom was a stay-at-home mum until I went to high school when she started working part-time. She always said when I asked why she stayed home “I don’t want to miss a single day of you growing up. You’re my special lad” and with that she would kiss me on the head and wave me off to go play or something.

She stroked my head affectionately.

“What is the matter Jai? Has something happened between you and Claire?” I shook my head. “What is it then?” I sighed. She wrapped her arms round me and held me to her. That was it. Call me a mummy’s boy or whatever but my mom was the only person I could really speak to. She didn’t just judge me.

“I’ve done something horrible mom.” I croaked quietly. She got up and shut the kitchen door. Sitting across from me she said

“What have you done son?” she took my hand in hers. I shook my head again and withdrew my hand from hers.

“I can’t tell you mom. You’ll be so disappointed in me…”

“I will never be disappointed in you honey. I may not agree with some of your decisions but I will never be disappointed in you. You know that.”

“I can’t tell me. You really will be disappointed.”

“Tell me and let me be the judge of that.” She stared me in the face and I couldn’t look away.

“There’s this girl…”

“Rosa?” How the hell did she know?

“How do you know about her?”

“I may be old Jai, but I’m not stupid. I’ve heard the arguments you and Claire have had. And one name keeps popping up in almost everyone. So who is this girl?”

“She’s…no she was one of my students…” I stopped trying to think of what to say.

“Go on.”

“It’s hard to explain.”

“Start from the beginning.”

For the next ten minutes I explained as much as I could of what had happened in the last couple of months and what Claire had said and how she was paranoid. And then it came to what happened tonight. I stopped. My mother noticed immediately.

“What happened tonight?” I felt the tears run down my face.

“I don’t know, one minute I’m dancing with Claire and we’re having fun. The next Claire is dancing with Rosa’s boyfriend and I’m in a closet with her.”

“What happened then Jai?” I looked down ashamed.

“Did you…” she dropped her voice “sleep with her?” I nodded. I broke down in tears.

“Oh Jai.” She got up and hugged me. She carried on hugging me until I stopped crying.

“Do you love her Jai?” That one took me off guard. Do I? I thought it was just lust or something.

“I don’t know mom. I thought it was something else and it would stop if I had ever done what I did. But I am feeling something for her…”

My mother sighed.

“Oh Jai.”

“What should I do mom? Please tell me?”

“I can’t tell you what to do love. But please think about it and make the right decision for you.”

I looked at her. She smiled gently.

“But remember, whatever you decide me and your father love you. Now go to bed and try and get some sleep. I love you my special lad.” I smiled at the old nickname.

“I love you too mom.”