Its all about sex... [Student/Teacher] - Chapter Thirty Five

Only a short chapter but it's all in preperation for the next chapter!

This hasn't been edited properly so you got to let me know if you see any mistakes!!

Comment and vote and everything!

Kerry_x

*************************************************************************************

Jai’s POV:

I pulled my tie around my neck. I shifted in my seat. My stomach was churning so much I wanted to be sick. People were bustling from room to room. I checked my phone. Still no reply. I had text Rosa asking her to be here. But for the last two months she had avoided me at all costs.

When I had woke up that morning and she wasn’t there anger had exploded out of me. I had phoned the police station and told them I was ready to press charges against Claire. I went to Rosa’s and banged on her door but she never answered. I don’t know if she was there or not. I had wanted to get answers. I had saw her a few times at university but she was always with someone (usually that Nathan guy) or she was leaving and I couldn’t catch her.

Today I was sat outside the court room while my lawyer talked to me. Constantly telling me to stop messing with my tie. I wanted him to shut his mouth. But he was my dad’s age and I couldn’t stop comparing them. He had more gray than my dad does but he looked younger in the face.

“Jai.” He put his hand on my shoulder. “We’re being called.” I nodded and stood up. I let my eyes flicker to the hallway and couldn’t stop the feeling of abandonment sweep through me.

We entered the unusually large room, walking past all the benches I sat on the front table. I slipped into my seat and waited. Movement to my right caught my eye. It was Claire, she wore a pale gray work suit, her hair was tied up. Her eyes met mine briefly. She clopped over to me - in her too high - high heels.

“Jai darling…” she whispered to me. I kept my eyes straight ahead and tried to ignore her. “Why are you doing this? I thought the other night meant we were a family again?” I clenched my fist under the table. Keep calm. Keep calm. Breathe.

“All rise.” I stood up and I watched from the corner of my eye Claire totter off. It was like this every time. Each time she tried to get a reaction out of me and each time I would ignore her.

I was too wrapped up in my thoughts and I didn’t hear what the judge was saying until he addressed me.

“Yes your honour?”

“So we’re here because you want to be divorced from Mrs Robins and full custody of the two children you have together?”

“That is right your honour.” He turned to my lawyer.

“Mr Tomlinson, you can present now.” My lawyer for the next thirty or so minutes told the judge everything I had told him. I watched the judge nod his head thoughtfully. He came nothing away; the only real expression he gave was the sympathy look he gave me when the truth about Damon came out.

“Mrs Linsey you may present now.” Claire’s lawyer stood up. She then proceeded to paint Claire out as a woman who had done nothing wrong, that I had left her for reasons merely more than I wanted to sleep with other people. And she then had the nerve to say that we had sex consensually! The nerve of that woman!

“Mr Robins, do you have any proof that the sex that you and your wife wasn’t consensual?”

“Your honour my client has the notes from the hospital saying that he had been drugged.”

“I’m sorry Mr Tomlinson that isn’t enough proof.” A small beep came from his phone.

“Excuse me your honour.” He quickly glanced at his phone and I couldn’t help but see the small smile on his lips. “I believe I do your honour.”

“Well please show it to the court.” I watched as a screen was brought in and I waited while he sent whatever it was over. The room was deathly quiet and I held my breath until it came on and my heart dropped. It was that video.

How did he get that? There was only one person who has that… I tried to subtly look out of the corner of my eye. I couldn’t see her and I felt my mouth twist into a frown. I looked at the table and traced all the swirling patterns until the judge cleared his throat.

“Okay, Mr Tomlinson I think you have shown enough of that video.” He paused for a second. “Mr Robins can you confirm that the man in this video is you?”

“Yes.”

“Can you confirm this is your wife?”

“Yes.” He sat back and put his fingers to his chin. We stayed in silence for the next ten minutes.

“I think I’ve made a decision.” I sat up straighter in my chair. “Mr & Mrs Robins will you both stand.” I stood up as quickly as possible. “After watching that video my view on this case had changed.” He turned to Claire “Mrs Robins according to the hospital records and that video we all have watched I believe that there is sufficient evidence to grant Mr Robins the divorce.” A gasp echoed throughout the court and I saw Claire standing there with her mouth wide open and clutching at her chest. “But I’m sorry Mr Robins there is no grounds on which to give you sole custody of the children. You will both have equal share of custody.” The next five minutes was a blur of noise and colours.

Standing up I started towards the exit. It was then I saw her, she was rushing out. Her heels clacking on the floor. Her hair was cascading down her back and she wore a tailored pencil skirt and blazer. Her eyes met mine for the briefest second before she slipped her sunglasses on and almost ran from the room. I tried to keep up but people was walking in front of me and slowing me down. By the time I got out she was nowhere to be seen. 

Rosa’s POV:

I shouldn’t have gone. But I couldn’t stop myself. I wanted to see him. When he was told that he was officially was a newly divorced man I couldn’t stop the leap in my heart. I wanted to run to him and kiss him until we were both breathless. Climbing into my car I went straight onto the motorway. A smiled tugged on my lips, tomorrow was the twins birthday and I was organising the party with my mother.

I hope tomorrow will be okay.