Chapter 42. Family ties

Alina POV

"Okay babe I'm going.." I yelled from downstairs..

Zayn came running down and kissed me..

"Don't be nervous okay,you're gonna do great." He reassured me...

"Thanks babe.." I pecked his cheek and left.

I told Zayn that I've got a job interview but actually I'm going to meet Aiden. I feel so horrible lying to Zayn,it kills me,but before I know the truth,I can't tell Zayn anything.

Me and Aiden haven't spoken since Prom night and today all my questions will be anwered,all the doubts I had,thinking I was alone,will be clear.

We decided to meet nowhere near here,I want to make sure we're in a place where no one will be able to spot us.

We decided to meet in a place in Bradford called Heaton,it's an hour from here and it's safe enough to meet.

I got off the bus and found the local cafe Aiden told me to go to..

He was sitting there,waiting for me. He saw me and stood up..He smiled a little and pulled out a chair for me..

"Hey.." He said

"Hi.." I said,smiling a little...not really knowing what to do. I sat down.

"How are you?" He asked

"I'm good thanks.." I replied

"Do you want a coffee or anything.." He asked

"No than-"

"I'm getting you a coffee.." He chuckled and went to make the order.

I found it a little sweet that he offered to get me a coffee but I cannot get distracted,I need to know whether he is playing me or not..

He came back with the coffee and he gave it to me..

"Thanks,you didn't have to do that.." I smile

"Well I have a lot to make up for.."

"Well you could start by telling me what the hell is going on..." I raise my brows

"Well what do you wanna know?" He asks

"Are you really my brother?" I ask

"Alina,I told you.." He tried saying

"No you didn't,how can I believe you,I've been played by so many people,how can I trust you?" I snapped

"When you were born,I was kidnapped..." He blurted

"What.." I said

"When you were,we all went to the beach,me and dad were building sand castles while you and mum were sitting and watching us,you were a couple weeks old so you couldn't do much. I was 3 so I wasn't able to swin properly so me and dad went to buy floaties so while he was paying for it,I was taken. Dad turned his back to me for a second and I was gone..."

I looked at him,he looked a little sad but I didn't say anything,I want to hear everything

"I don't remember much,all I know is what the police told me,5 years later." He said

"5 years later?" I widened my eyes

"Yeah,I was taken but they never hit me or tortured me..I don't know what they did acutally,it's like I blacked out for 5 years.." He muttered

"So what happened when you got home?" I questioned

"Well I stayed at home for a couple weeks,until mum thought that it wasn't safe if I was around you.."