Chapter 9 - Miss is a Genius?!

"Kindred Spirit Link." While Miss is skimming through the book, her eyes are sparkling.

"Fufufu~" She starts grinning creepily. Miss is weird.

She closes the book and walks over to me.

Miss? Why do you look at me with such a creepy smile? Miss?

Miss! You are scaring me!

I grab the hem of my skirt and close my eyes.

Suddenly, I feel hands on the back of my head and with one quick motion my head collides with something soft.

"Awuuu~" Surprised, I let out a weird noise.

Instinctively, I want to cover my face with hands, but, instead of my face, my hands lands on something soft.

"Kyaa~"

Eh? I slowly open my eyes to find myself in Miss's embrace.

Then I look at the place my hands landed on.

......

"Awawawa." This is bad! This is bad I tell you! Of all places where I could place my hands, why that place? Latifa, just because you got a name you became arrogant? Are you seeking death?!

Awawawa. This is baaad. I'm so scared, my hands won't moveee. Uwuuuu.

"Ah~ The Qi is flowing inside me." Miss says quietly.

That's not Qi, that's me panicking!

Boom!

Suddenly, a sound resembling a thunderstorm echoes through the library.

"Awa!?" Uwa! What? What happened!?

"That felt good~" Miss says and falls to her knees, while still holding me.

"Awawa?!" Miss, are you okay? Is what I wanted to ask.

Miss looks at me with a gentle smile and says,

"I'm okay, no need to worry. Your useless Miss just became a Martial Acolyte~"

What! Miss admitted that she is useless! What hap- Nonono? What was that? A Martial Acolyte? Miss? That Miss? That Miss who was rumored to have broken meridians?

"Awuu!" No way! I unconsciously said.

Miss raises her eyebrow and says "You don't believe me?"

"Awawa!" Of course! Of course, I believe you! There's no way I dare not to!

"Ei! Then I will show you! Look at this!" Miss extends her hand and little black flamesstart dancing on her palm.

"Awuu!" No way! Miss has a rare element! Only the greatest geniuses like the 4th Prince and 11th Prince have a rare element!

From my understanding, people unlock their first Element when they become a Martial Acolyte, the second one when they become Martial Sage and third when they become a Martial Saint. However, there are some exceptions, for example, the Emperor gained two new elements when he broke into a Martial Sage realm.

The ordinary elements are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind and Lightning.

Some of the rares I heard about are Wood, Space, Holy.

However, I never heard about black flames. For Miss to unlock a rare element, is she perhaps a genius?... What are Heavens planning?!

"Fufufu~ Startled Latifa is also cute." Miss says with one hand on her cheek.

I was brought back to the reality.

"Now do you believe me?" Miss says with a smile.

"Awuu..." I'm sorry for doubting you...

Miss takes my hand and goes back to the first floor.

She moves towards the elder behind the counter.

"Elder, I will be borrowing this one." Miss says respectfully.

The elder raises his eyebrow and looks at the book in Miss's hand.

"You can keep that one, no need to return it." He says casually.

"Many thanks, Elder. Meira will remember Elder's kindness." Miss bows and leaves the library.