Chapter 79 - Miss is Pouting With Misty Eyes

After we left the hall and the angry Master behind, Mommy took us to the arena where the fights will be held.
There are small viewing stands all over the arena and a few private rooms.
Mommy took us to one of those rooms.
She said it's thanks to her position.

I wonder what position did she mean?
Mommy is not the first wife, she doesn't have a position in the government nor she has some kind of special duty in the family.
Mommy's awesomeness is a mystery.

The people are still gathering, only half of the viewing stands are occupied.

Knock, knock.

Suddenly, knocking sounds can be heard from the other side of the door.

"Come in." Mommy says.

A maid opens the door, walks in, politely bows before Mommy and says,
"Servant greets Lady Mina. We have brought refreshments, asking for permission to bring them in."

Mommy looks at me.

"Awu?" Hmm?
"Are you hungry?" She asks.
"Awuwu!" I'm starving!
"Alright, bring it in." Mommy says to the maid.
"Certainly." The maid bows down again and leaves the room.

She quickly returns pushing a food trolley with three more maids behind her carrying trays.

Before long, the table in the room is set up with various food.
Not that it matters to me, but I'm glad Miss can have a balanced diet even he-
- Miss don't avert your gaze from the food!
"Awuu!" Eat! You can't fight on an empty stomach!

... Miss caught me glaring at her.
I'm sorry...

"Lady Mina, please enjoy the meal. If there's something you need just call for us." The maids bow before Mommy and leave the room.
"Cheeky brat..." Sophia suddenly says something rude.
"Ah, well. As expected of the former Tinesia's personal maid?" Mommy says while tilting her head innocently. Cute.

... Eh?
I unconsciously came over and hugged her...

"What's wrong? Are you trying to make Meira jealous? If you do, you are doing a great job, see?" Mommy says while pointing at Miss.

Miss is pouting with misty eyes.
... Miss is so cute.
If I wasn't being in Mommy prison I would probably be patting her head by now.

Bam!

The closed door suddenly opens again.

"Mom!" A familiar figure suddenly bursts in.
"Oh, Eleanor. You came. You are full of vigor as always." Mommy greets Eleanor. The Fourth Miss and Mommy's second oldest daughter.
"Yes, Mom!... L, Lady Sophia, nice to see you again..." Fourth Miss's vigor instantly decreases at sight of Sophia.
"The pleasure's mine." Sophia says, cooly. So cool.

Her gaze then falls on me in Mommy's embrace.
Rather, did she notice me just now?
Even though I was on Mommy's lap?
......

After noticing me, she scans the room and her gaze falls on Miss.

"You came, little sister." Fourth Miss says sweetly with a slight blush.

Wait, what?