Miss, it's a Christmas Special!

"......"
"Awuu...?"

Who is this person? Is what the two girls standing in front of each other thought at the sudden twist of events.

One hates to talk, one is unable to talk.
As you can imagine, the sudden turn of events and the girls' circumstances left them in a complete silence.

The one who is supposed to be the maid was happily sleeping in her master's lap, dreaming about winning the battle against her nemesis.
The one who is supposed to be the master was happily sleeping in her maid's arms, dreaming about food and cats.

And yet, they suddenly appeared in front of each other in this snowy place.

Not being able to endure the silence of the doll-like beauty anymore, the maid averted her awkward gaze. What came into her sight was a large, gorgeously decorated tree with colorful boxes underneath them.

"Awu?"

The maid, Latifa, tilted her head again.
Seeing Latifa tilt her head in wonder, the master, Yuri, followed her line of sight.
Then, her shoulders shook and her hands started feeling itchy.

Feeling something strange coming from beside her, Latifa turned her head back to Yuri.
However, Yuri suddenly disappeared.
Latifa opened her eyes wide in puzzlement. Where did the doll-like girl disappear to? Although she didn't speak, she was there with her, so she didn't feel alone. But now...

While feeling sad of being left alone in this mysterious place, Latifa suddenly heard the sound of something being torn apart.
It came from the direction of the large tree.

When she turned towards the tree once again, she saw Yuri furiously tearing one of the boxes apart.
Feeling curious about her actions, Latifa cautiously approached Yuri.

Just when she got near enough for her to see, Yuri managed to open the box.
Her eyes got all sparkly and glittery like a night's sky.

Feeling that Yuri is really easy to understand, Latifa peeked inside the box. Latifa, however, didn't recognize what was in the box. Many questions appeared in her mind.
What is this thing with a weird shape? Isn't that a leaf in the middle? Why does it look so greasy? How could something like that make this girl so delighted?

But, when she got closer to take a better look, a drool-inducing fragrance floated to her little nose.
Food? Is there food in these boxes? Latifa got even more puzzled.

"... Hamburger."

Yuri muttered as she vigorously bit into the object she identified as 'hamburger'.
Although Latifa didn't know what hamburger is or how it tastes, she felt like trying it herself after seeing Yuri devour so deliciously.
Thus, she sat down next to Yuri and started opening the nearby box.

She unwrapped and carefully opened it.
Then she immediately closed it.

"Awu?"

Tilting her head and thinking whether she saw wrongly, she opened the box again. Very, very slowly.
Her eyes got all sparkly and glittery like a night's sky.

She promptly stuck her little hands into the box and took the object out.

"Awuuu~"

Latifa tightly embraced the object. The object being a really well-made Meira doll.
It's miniature Miss! She thought as she snuggled with the doll.

Yuri let out a small smile as she watched Latifa's rolling on the ground with the doll in her embrace.
But, one hamburger naturally wasn't enough for Yuri, so she quickly moved onto the next box. She ripped apart the wrapper and skillfully opened it.

"Nyaa~"

Yuri got stunned at first, but she soon reached with her shaky hands into the box.
She then very carefully pulled a small being out of the box. It was a black kitten.

Before long, there were two girls rolling in the snow under a large tree.

After playing with the doll and kitten, the two girls started opening the boxes one after another.
To Latifa's surprise, every time Yuri opened the box, food or cat would appear.
However, she didn't have it any better as she would take out items related to her Miss each and every time.

As they kept opening the boxes, the girls' moods suddenly worsened.
Even though they enjoyed each other's company, they started missing that which was very important to them.

Latifa felt like she was away from her Miss for way too long now. Who will take care of her while she's away? Her Miss can't do anything on her own after all.
Yuri started feeling like she wasn't complete without her sisters' constant bickering. What if they started fighting for real because she wasn't there to stop them?

Although both girls had a lot of fun and they got what they really wished for from the boxes, they were missing the most valuable thing.

Their loved ones.

The girls exchanged glances and nodded at each other.
Both of them understood what they meant.

The girls each took a box, looked at each other once again and slowly opened the boxes.

——

"Awuuu~"
"Good morning Latifa. Did you have a good dream?"
"Awu!"

Latifa jumped into Meira's arms and tightly embraced her with a smile on her entire face.

——

... Christmas.
{Ah, yes. It should be the time of Christmas about now, shouldn't it? I don't think people celebrate something like that here...}
(Don'tcha worry about it, Big Sis! I will make a big, big, biiig Christmas tree for you one of these days and we will celebrate that day as Yurimas~!)
... Yurimas.
(Yeah, Yurimas!)
{Sounds like a plan to me.}
... Nn.

——

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope that all of you can spend this time of year with your family and people closest to you! – Shinsori

  Read Yuri's story - https://www.wattpad.com/story/117303713-silver-death