Chapter 31 - Miss... Help me...

Miss steps out of the carriage and calls out to Prince Si.

"Shayde, what is taking you so long?" She questions him in an annoyed tone.

Prince Si turns towards Miss, but before he could open his annoying mouth-
The bandit leader Whistles and shouts.

"What a beauty! Were you hiding from us in your carriage?"
The other bandits also started whistling and saying some things I couldn't understand.

"Mei Mei, why have you come out. Leave these insects to this King." Prince Si says while facing Miss.
"If this King didn't take so long to exterminate a bunch of insects, I wouldn't bother."

Then, Miss mutters something.
I couldn't hear her from the carriage.
However, Prince Si turns towards me and frowns.

"Young Miss, why don't you leave this feminine man and have some fun with real men like us?" The bandit leader says to Miss.
"Hmph, you rape weak women and call yourself a real man?" Miss scoffs.
"You! Just wait till I'm done with this girly face, then I will thoroughly enjoy both you and your little friend. Hyahaha!" The bandit leader yells while laughing.

Boom!

Suddenly, Miss's feet explode in black flames.
Miss lifts her right foot and... Vanishes?
Huh? Where did Miss go?

"Guhaaaa!" An ugly shriek of pain reaches my ears.

Eh? Miss? When did you move in front of the bandit leader?
And, and... and what is that you are h, holding... holding in y, you, your hhh, hand...?

Clash!
Suddenly, the carriage door open and something warm lands on my face, blocking my vision.

"Awu?!" I scream in surprise.
"Everyting is all right, Latifa." It's Sophia. Auuuu... You scared me, why are you covering my vision all of sudden?
"Awuuu?" Please put your hand away, I need to have Miss in my sight all the time. Or I will fail as a maid.

How will I become a great maid like you if I don't serve Miss at all times?
I need to help her!
I try to struggle out from Sophia's hold.

"Awuu!" She grabs my right shoulder with her left hand and turns me around.

She removed her hand from my eye, so I'm able to see.
But all I'm seeing now is her beautiful, refined, mature face.
She then made some weird signs with her hands, and all I could hear and smell now was Sophia.

"There are some things that children of your age should not see, Latifa." Sophia says gently.
"Therefore, stay like that. Just look at me and nowhere else. Do you understand?" She asks.

Sophia is acting weird.
Something may have happened to Miss!

"Nod if you understand me, Latifa!" Sophia raises her voice.

That startled me! This is my first time hearing Sophia raising her voice...
I quickly nod to Sophia's question.

"Haa... You really like Sixth Miss that much, Latifa?" She asks me.
I nod immediately, without thinking.

"I won't allow you to see, you are not ready for that yet." She says while shaking her head.
"Haaa... However, if you really want to know what's happening with Miss, I will cancel this barrier."
"Do you want to know?" She asks me.

I nod slowly.

Sophia snaps her fingers and the sound from the surroundings return-

First the sound and smell of fire.
Then, a smell of burning flesh.
And lastly, the screams of agony.

"Gyaaaa!"
"No! No! NOOOOOO!"
"Help meeee!"
"My leg! My leeeeg!"
"Kuhaaa...."
"Run! Run! Reatreaaahh!"
"Save yourselves!"
"A demon! DEMON!"
"RUN FUCKING RUN! DON'T TURN BAAAghhh..."

I'm getting dizzy.
My stomach feels unwell.
My sight is getting blurry...

Miss... Help me...