Chapter 109 - Miss, I'm Not Mentally Prepared yet!

It has been twenty-two days (according to Miss) since we have entered the cultivation cave.
Today, Miss has become Peak Martial Apprentice. In other words, she reached the final, 7th stage. All that's left for Miss is to break through to the Martial Master.

As for me, I can't tell as usual. Miss says that I'm 6th stage Martial Acolyte. She said that I have enough strength to lift both her and Sophia at once, but she must have been making fun of me. How would I do that? I could somehow manage with Miss, but have you seen how tall Sophia is Miss? I wouldn't know how to lift her in the first place!

"It's time for me to take this. I don't think I will be able to surpass the bottleneck without using it."

Miss says while playing with a green-colored pill. Stop playing with the precious pill, Miss. What if you drop it on the floor?

"But, after I take this pill..."
"Awu?"

I tilt my head.
A complicated expression appeared on Miss's face.

"I won't be able to wake up until I break through."
"... Awu!?"

What!? Not being able to wake up until the breakthrough... doesn't that mean you might be waking up after ten years!?
No, no, no. Miss wouldn't take that long just because of one little bottleneck... right?

"Awuu..."
"Nn, don't worry. I won't take long. I'm more concerned about you staying here basically alone for a week."

Miss says while patting my head.

Yeah, I hope it's only a week, Miss. If it's a week, I will somehow manage, but if it's any longer... I will hold you responsible, you know!
I will have you carry me everywhere, and I will eat until I'm like a blob of meat, alright!?

"It would actually really help if... if you were in contact with my body while I'm trying to break through..."
"Awuu? Awu."

Okay? Sure.
The usual, I get it.
I shall sacrifice my body for Miss's speedy breakthrough.
I bet a great maid like Sophia would do the same. That's what makes her great.

So, when are you sta...
Eh!?

Why did you so casually plopped it into your mouth! Miss, I'm not mentally prepared yet!

"I will make sure to finish as fast as possible, okay?"

Eh! Don't lift me on top of your lap so casually!
I feel betrayed! Miss! What about my heart!
I don't like surprises anymore!

She completely entered the zone, didn't she...
Well... what should I do now?
Cultivate again? Cultivating is really boring though.

Miss, I think being just an ordinary maid suits me far better.