Chapter 93 - Miss, What's Happening with Elder Sister Sand!?

Miss and Miss Eleanor stand against each other in the arena.
According to Mommy, Miss Eleanor is Miss's biggest enemy in this competition.
As fire can't exist without air, similarly to us humans, Miss would have to take Miss Eleanor without her fire element. Not to mention that she would be able to breathe only when Miss Eleanor allows it... That's what Mommy said.

She also said that Miss Eleanor's biggest weakness is close combat and fast moving projectiles.
Well, it makes sense. From the conversations held between Mommy, Sophia, and Miss Tinesia, Miss Eleanor is apparently an exact opposite of Miss Tinesia.
While Miss Tinesia focuses everything in her sword, Miss Eleanor focuses on the use of her element.
However, Miss won't last long in close combat because she won't be able to breathe and to my knowledge, Miss doesn't have any fast moving projectile attacks.

"Main Branch Meira, Main Branch Eleanor. Are you ready?" The referee asks.
"Ready." Miss Eleanor says.
"En." Miss nods.

The referee uncle looks a bit startled after the two gave him normal replies.
"... Sigh. Fight!"

Sssssss!

Right after the match started, Miss shot fire at Miss Eleanor, but it vanished immediately after getting close to her.

Clap!

Next, Miss Eleanor claps her hands and the expression on Miss's face changes.
Miss Eleanor must have done something to the air around Miss.

Miss jumps to the left once, then once again and takes a deep breath.
Was she able to get out of the dangerous area?

In the next moment, the black flames appear on Miss's shoulders, and she shots towards Miss Eleanor.
However, when she gets close to Miss Eleanor, the flames on Miss's shoulders decrease until they completely disappear.
Miss's eyebrows knit, but she doesn't retreat. Instead, she kicks toward's Miss Eleanor's abdomen with her right leg.
But, when Miss Eleanor blocked with her left arm, Miss retreated to a safe distance to catch a breath.

"Awuu..."
"She's doing well, but unfortunately..."

Before Mommy could finish speaking, a big cluster of black fire appears in front of Miss.

I see! If the flame is big enough, she could inflict damage to Miss Eleanor before Miss Eleanor could completely extenguish the fire!
... Is what I thought, but... the black fire in Miss's hands stopped growing and eventually it became smaller and smaller.

It appears that Miss Eleanor can render Miss's black flames completely useless.
This really shows why Mommy was so confident about Miss Eleanor's win.
Miss Eleanor's mastery over her element really is-

Huh? Elder Sister Sand?
What are you trying to say?

I look at the sand climbing up my hand.
Before I could figure out what is going on with Elder Sister Sand, the sand climbed up to my neck, completely enveloping my left arm, shoulder and the side of my neck in sand.

"Latifa... This is...?"
"A, awu?" W, what?
"Looks like you are itching for a fight?"
"Awuuu!?" Not really!?

Very soon, I could feel the sand all over my body, until only my head was sticking out.

Fight! Exciting! Kill! Defeat! Fun! Murder!

I could hear Elder Sister Sand's excited voice inside my head.
Miss, what's happening with Elder Sister Sand!?